1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i find a guy my age?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shrimpz, Jul 31, 2013.

1. shrimpz

shrimpz Guest

I really need help with finding someone my age..the only guys interested in me are 40+ and im only 17...its kinda demoralising

2. KrisBrooks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 17 too, I have a one of those gay chat apps and it seems the only times I get messages is when they're from these older 35-50 guys... As if I'd actually give that a shot. The age difference is far too large.

I've found that making a lot of friends through school and LGBT groups helps meet guys. You could try that.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry, guys, but unfortunately, this is apparently an epidemic problem. Even when you put "ABSOLUTELY NO ONE OVER 25", it seems a lot of guys think they're the one magic exception that you'll immediately fall in love with. Not only is it too much of a gap, the comment I get over and over from people your age is... it's gross. And I personally can't see why someone would want to date someone young enough to be their kid, but maybe that's just me.

But the truth is... with rare exceptions, you aren't going to find the right kind of person on those apps anyway. The best way to find quality people is not by looking on dating sites, hookups sites and the like, but trying to find activities where people your age will be. There are social groups, usually run by the local LGBT center, for teens and young adults. Meetup.com in many areas has LGBT hiking clubs or game nights or other social activities. And most colleges have a large LGBT group that sponsors activities and 99% of the time, nobody's really going to care whether you're a student at the college or not. Additionally, if you can find some LGBT people in your area to make friends with... often you can meet other people through those friends.

Pretty much any of the above is going to work better than those apps or dating sites, and are a lot more likely to be creeper-free.

4. srslywtf

why dont you try to start up conversation with a guy, rather than wait for them to come after you

5. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Haha yeah dude. I still haven't found anyone. Plus I go to one of those small conservative high schools, and I don't think there are any other gay guys my age at my school. I've kinda given up until college, but idk. I always keep my eyes open.

But also I tried those apps and they are honestly really sketchy :slight_smile:

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    16-18 year olds - don't hurry lol.
    I was in a hurry for a while, but I've accepted that there aren't as many open guys our age. They open up in college, and when you go to college or get to college age, there will be plenty more pickings available! ^_^

No need to start worrying about not being able to find a guy at age 17. You've got plenty of time.

7. shrimpz

shrimpz Guest

Thanks for the advice guys..been having trouble actually finding LGBT groups near me though..otherwise i would have tried it. and i have actually tried talking to guys..but no one my age seems to be gay! lol

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2013 at 12:02 AM ----------

Also..the only reason im even looking for someone is cos i want to feel loved by a guy..my dad died when i was 6 so i never knew him and my stepdad abused me and used me for sex for 10 years so i dont know what it is to be loved by a guy

8. Hyaline

Remembering back to my teen years and thinking about it, I am not sure I could have accepted the advice of "Don't be in such a hurry". But honestly, it is likely the best advice you can heed. Being social and resisting the urge to try and connect with people online and doing it in real life will likely merit relationships (friends and otherwise) that will be something with more substance. But having said all that, honestly, give it time...

9. shrimpz

shrimpz Guest

yeah i guess time is key in this case...its just...im really impatient xD

10. limeslam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wait dude. Have you talked to someone about this? Did you tell the cops?

11. shrimpz

shrimpz Guest

yeah the cops are involved and court is in october ...

12. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First I want to say that I´m very sorry you had to go through that.

It immediately makes me think of my boyfriend. He was sexually abused and was always looking for love, but tried to find it in sex.
    Everybody wants to have sex with a young guy. That´s no problem. But love, love is something else.
    And then when he found it, he had great difficulty accepting it.
    He has been in intense therapy, which helped.

I don´t know if therapy would help you, but I think it can.
    Don´t try to find love, love will find you.
    Don´t look for "a daddy" (and that could be of any age, even your own). You could get in a situation where people take advantage of you.

I wouldn´t know where you could find gay or bi guys of your age near you. I don´t know where you are.
    I´m from a small town and didn´t have much of a chance, but I met my boyfriend when I was on holiday with my parents...