1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl confusion... Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by chartreuse, Jul 31, 2013.

1. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Does she like me back?
    I have a crush on my girl friend. I'm not sure of her sexual orientation. I feel like she is pressured to be straight, but could possibly have some feelings for girls. I may be wrong. But she never seems to like anyone, and she was talking about dating a guy that she doesn't even like. Which makes me think she might not like guys so much... I mean she's never had a crush on one, as far as I know. She has kissed a girl, but not romantically. However, I'm confused as to whether she likes me or not.
    1. During the play at school this year, she would often come up to me, hug me, rest her head on my shoulder, and just touched me a lot. She doesn't really do that as much, but for those few months, she did a lot. However, she still does it sometimes.

2. She invites me to a lot of places alone, or to her house alone, but she's my only friend that does that. Most other friends invite me in a group.

3. She has called me sexy, and looked at my boobs while I was changing.

4. She compliments me a lot, and always tells her parents my accomplishments and how great I am.

5. She texts me a lot for no reason.

6. She always puts my name into songs and sings them to me.

Do you think she may possibly like me? I think I may have a chance. What do you think? Also, should I confess my crush? If so, how?

2. Islander

Perhaps you could bring up the topic of homosexuality e.g. gay marriage, and observe her reaction. If she seems accepting, perhaps you could come out to her and see how she reacts. If she becomes more touchy, then that may be a sign that she likes you. She may even come out to you herself.

However, it is important to remember that a lot of girls are cuddly with each other, so try not to read things into her actions that aren't there. So keep in mind the possibility that she may just like you as a friend.

3. Lilly storm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with Islander but wanted to add that if she likes girls and doesnt know how you feel about homosexuality then she may be just as afraid as you are so dropping how you feel about it casually into conversation and observing her reaction is a good idea.

4. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Actually, I'm out to her, and I told her I like somebody, but I wouldn't tell her who.

5. Islander

It's unlikely that she'll assume that it's her you're talking about, so that may be why she hasn't made a move yet - that is, if she
    1. is into girls
    2. likes you back
    Perhaps try to give her more subtle signals through body language. E.g. making eye contact for a second longer than usual, sitting ever so slightly closer to her than usual etc.

6. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Islander, I'll try that. I'm having her over for my birthday which is in a few days, so maybe I can try some of those tips. :slight_smile:

7. Islander

You're welcome, and happy birthday! Update us on how it goes :slight_smile:

Islander

8. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Actually, it does sound like she likes you. Especially when you were doing the play and she was always touching you. And staring at your boobs. And the song thing? Dead giveaway!

To find out more about her sexual orientation, this is what I suggest. Okay, so you know how you said she's kissed a girl before, though not romantically? When you guys are talking alone, and she seems to be opening up a lot and stuff, bring it up casually. If you've kissed a girl non-romantically, talk about that. Ask her if she felt weird kissing her, if she would do it again, if she liked it. Hypothetically ask if she would ever date a girl, if you are both comfortable talking about that kind of thing. Relate to her about what it's like kissing girls versus guys, and maybe if things go the way they do in movies, she'll want to kiss you to experiment further. Oh my gosh that would be awesome.

Maybe if she's watching you change, jokingly say, "You like what you see?" Flirt a bit more, be confident. Talk about gay rights with her. See if she agrees with them, and if she's super passionate about it.

Or you could always just come right out and say it. "Do you like girls?" Open up to her before she opens up to you so that she feels more comfortable doing it.

I wish you soo much luck in this. I really hope she does like you and you guys have a great time together! Good luck!

9. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh my gosh! Do you really think so? :slight_smile: I hope you're right, and I will definitely try some of your suggestions. Thank you so much!!

10. misssunshine91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey :slight_smile: Actually, I'm in quite a similar situation at the moment with a friend of mine... Same as with you, I really don't know whether or not she'd be interested in any way..
    But earlier today, we were at a bar with some others (it was another friend's birthday) and we sat next to each other and she often touched me when I was talking or looked at me... She doesn't have a boyfriend, and that's for about one and a half years now. And she says things like when I said for fun that it would be cool to study a second subject besides medicine like art history or something, but that it's nearly impossible to do this, she said "Well, I think you'd make it" ..
    I don't know, actually I don't think that from her side there's anything more than friendship.. But when we stand next to each other for example, she often lays her arm around me and Idk, it just feels so good and so right.. I just love everything about her, the way she laughs, the way she looks at me, the way she dresses, even the way she's sometimes just fucked up by everything ... I just wanna be with her, it feels so right... But soon, there will be our final exams and then we won't see each other for more than a month, and she even thinks about moving to another town or take half a year off university... Idk, actually I have nothing to lose, but.. yeah...
    Cool situation, huh??