1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend doesn't know I'm asexual :S

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BiancaBee1994, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BiancaBee1994

My boyfriend has tried many times to have a sexual relationship. We've been dating 1 year and we've never done "it". Truth is I'm asexual and I don't know if I ever will, or want to do that. I want to tell him, but what if he breaks up with me? Help!

2. Melissa

Hi there! I'm sorry you are going through this. Honestly though, you are kind of in a damned if you do and damned if you don't sort of scenario. You have to tell him. Regardless of the outcome, your relationship will not last long if there is no open communication. Talk it out. Good luck.

3. pippi

I'm thinking that you probably need to tell him. Communication is key. I know its hard, and you feel scared he will break up with you, but maybe that won't happen. Wishing the best for you!

4. songbird

I agree that you should tell him. And I know it sucks, but he may wish to break up with you, and should should respect his decision to do so. Relationships should not be formed solely around sex, but if you both cannot satisfy each others needs and one or both of you will be unhappy, then it's probably not going to work out. :frowning2:
    Good luck! *hug*