1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell your parents something embarrassing? Please help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xDan, Aug 1, 2013.

1. xDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Please help me, because I am a nervous wreck right now.
    This may be shocking, and it is something I am quite embarrassed about, but four days ago I attempted... Well, for lack of better words, I attempted to 'pleasure' myself anally. It was a horrible decision, I just gave in from peer pressure on a website I am part of. The other kids said that it was amazing. So, for some stupid reason, I tried it, and I must say that I absolutely hated it. I bled a little tiny bit, but it stopped right away. I've been extremely nervous since then, because I'm terrified I hurt myself badly. I've been going to the bathroom regularly, but whenever I think about the fact that I could be hurt, I feel really anxious and it makes me nauseous. I have barely even been able to sleep these past few nights.
    Today, (four days later), I decided that I just need to go to the doctors. I'm 15. So, that means, I must tell my parents what I did. I do not have a choice. I am terrified to do this. I know that they will not be angry, but they will be completely shocked. They think I'm still an innocent child, and at heart, I still am. I've been crying so much about this, and I have so much shame, but I need to tell them this! I have to get it out.

Please, if anyone has ever had to tell their parents something embarrassing, help me. I'm desperate, and I'm terrified, but I need to get this off my back, and I need to go to the doctors. What I am doing to myself is unhealthy. I can't stop crying :tears:... I've already had to tell them I was gay. That was very hard for me to do. It's been half a year, and I feel as if I cannot talk about it with them. I don't know why I did this to myself. I was considering messaging my Dad over Skype. It's easier to type it than say it to his face, and that way, if he is by any chance angry, I won't be yelled at. I normally sleep in the basement by him but I'll just sleep in my room tonight.

If anyone could help it would be so greatly appreciated. I'm terrified. :icon_sad: :help:

2. LD579

I highly doubt that you've hurt yourself. There's nothing wrong with anal stimulation at all. Society's attitudes aren't in favour of it, but that doesn't mean that society is right. You don't have to tell your parents this at all. Would you go up to them and tell them that you masturbate (I presume) ? I assume the answer would be no.

I think you're overreacting to this. You tried something and you didn't like it. It's different from doing drugs or drinking underage or stealing or gambling. It's your body, you tried something that isn't harmful or negative, and you didn't enjoy it. You can leave it at that. Try to calm down and see that you're still a great kid as you always were. =)

EDIT: oh, and I don't think you need to go to the doctor.

#2 LD579, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  3. biggayguy

I'll bet your parents have done something stupid in their time. Just tell them it was a mistake and stupid. They may be relieved that you didn't get someone pregnant. Parents were teenagers once. It won't be as bad as you think. Would talking to your mom first be easier?

4. xDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What about the bleeding and the nausea though? Don't you think it'd be logical to go to the doctor for this? I was considering just going to the doctor for 'other' reasons. Like tell my parents there was blood in my stool, then they'll do the cat scans and find out if anything is wrong.

5. LD579

You barely bled, though. Bleeding down there can be caused from just pooping, as well. At any rate, the nausea may be from you working yourself into such a condition. Keep hydrated and well fed and get some good rest, and things should be fine. Barring the possibility of you being ill, I think things will be fine. Calm yourself and leave it past. I wish you the best =)

If you really must go to the doctor, just explain that you were worried because of blood when you were wiping down there, and that you've felt nauseous in the past while. There need not be any explanation for why the blood was there. It might not have even been from anal stimulation.

For future reference, you should make sure your nails are trimmed and not sharp or anything, and that they're clean, before doing such stuff.