1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Relationships With Older Men

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by spockbach, Aug 2, 2013.

1. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I was in my early teens, I underwent a series of traumatic events related to my father (name-calling, violent rage, mocking, unwanted sexual advances, etc.) and have sine developed a fascination for father-aged men. I have this complex that I thought for a while might be sexual, but it was actually my really wanting a father, or for someone to see that I'd been hurt - preferably a father-aged man. I can't stand it: I'm such a sycophant around these individuals, wanting their attention, wishing they would love me and pay attention to me. But I don't think it's sexual, because I'm not sexually attracted to these men. I'm more attracted to women in general than I am to men, but don't have problems with wishing women would love and like me. Has anyone else suffered from a craving for attention and/or affection from the opposite - or same - sex, even if that longing wasn't rooted in sexuality?