1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my best friend not straight?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tomwinsatlife, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Tomwinsatlife

Ok, so im 14 moving into high school, and am 100% sure im bi not sure if im gay but close to certain. Anyway, i have a best friend and we have been friends for ages. His name is jackson. Anyway, recently i've developed a major crush on him, but i was almost positive he was straight. I mean hes had relationships with girls, and talks about them to me and stuff, but he has never kissed one. Anyway recently i've been noticing some weird behaviours that im not sure if i should read in to. Like he seems really interested in all of our peers who are out or seem gay. He talks about that a lot, and yet he seems kinda awkward having convos about being gay. Also, we were watching a movie, and there was a naked girl on the screen for a long period of time. I looked at jackson and it was weird, cuz i would expect a straight pubesent boy to be on the edge of his seat drooling, but he was intentionally looking away, and i could tell that he didnt even have a sloght boner. This happens a lot too.

So im just wondering if there is something more to this or if i am reading too much into it cuz i like him. Thoughts?

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My dear Thomas,

If he is truly one of your best friends I guess you should be able to ask him. If he and you share a strong bond of mutual respect and trust, then you should ask if you feel like it.

Even then, what are you going to do if he does turn out to be gay or something, are you gonna ask him out? You haven't exactly come out to many people or other friends, so your options are a little limited.

So ask him, would be the only way as of now.

3. Tomwinsatlife

Hahaha thankz azrael i think i will ask him. I think if he is then i just might wanna slap a kiss on him right then and there haha. Out status doesnt matte much to me

4. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Careful though, you might want to ask him when you guys are alone or something. We don't want any eavesdroppers now do we, cuz that could jeopardise your out status and his out status and we don't want an unwanted attention.

5. Tomwinsatlife

6. UndercoverGypsy

Oh man, you're in San Fran? Lucky bastard!

Anyways, ask him for sure. The worst he could say is that he's not gay :slight_smile:

If he says no, try coming out to him (be it in the same conversation or afterwards). That could possibly get him to come out in the event that he is gay or bi.

He definitely sounds gay, by the way.