1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disliking everyone.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aussie792, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've recently gone into a stage where I dislike and mistrust almost everyone I know. For some reason, I can't stand them anymore. I can't see my schoolfriends as good anymore, ever. I see them in such a bad light, but even the ones who are good, I see in a bad light. Is it normal to get disillusioned with everyone?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Disillusionment can be self destructive & bad for you, try to look for the good in people, if you look hard enough, you will find it (*hug*)

3. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What has changed within you recently?

Often it is the way we see ourselves that influences the way we perceive others. Has there been anything upsetting or even traumatic recently?

4. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aussie, your post made me smile a little because just last night, my 15-year-old daughter was telling me, "I feel so anti-social lately. I just HATE people right now!" If this continues for longer than a few weeks, you might want to talk to a school psychologist or something, but I expect you're just going through a phase in your life where things annoy you. Good that you can see it in yourself. If you're worried about snapping at or alienating some close friends, I would let them know you're in a funk lately and not to take it too seriously, but my daughter has gone through this before, and it does blow over after a bit. I think the psychological term for it is "being 15"! Take care.

5. Nick07

I am not sure. It seems like it was you who changed, not them.
    Btw. did you go to the ER?