1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step-Brother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FreeFlow9917, Aug 3, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

So guys my parents aren't really see eye to eye about my step brother (Step-Dad's Side) i'll won't use names in this explanation.

O.k. so my step-brother is from czech, he is 18 and is legal to drink in Europe, but not in America. He is staying until the 16th and loves to drink and party, i mean every fucking day. But my problem is my step-dad allows it, he buys him alcohol, buys him chewing tobacco and gives him party friends. He picks him up the next day, totaly hungover. He is more of a friend than a dad and lets him do anything and buys him everything. Most of the time he chills with some bad friends but all they do is play Xbox at their house

My mom literally hates him because he treats the house like shit, he lives his spitombs in my room, because i have the best wi-fi, he also leaves his chew in my room. He leaves certain food everywhere and never cleans up after himself. He always gets me out of the house, but he always gets me fast food, and i hate it, but i can't refuse because free food is free food. He also hates vegetables and potatoes and it's really hard to feed him.

I like him and i don't mind that he drinks but i am really afraid he'll be caught the way he drinks. He is irresponsible and'i like him as a brother, but to him life is all party and work.

P.s. he has been living with us since the end of June, he speaks mostly Czech with my step-dad. I mean how do i get through to my step dad, because i know he would never let me drink this much at 18 and i plan to be straight edge until college, he acts more of a friend and my step brother is making $430 a week at the local car dealership without taxes being taken out. So how do i solve this, because it's changing our family and Mom is always threatening with divorce and Step-Dad wouldn't mind, should i just wait until he leaves, because it has changed our family and i can't stand to hear them debate.

2. InactiveUser1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Look dude first understand that most of european countries like czech had a comunistic type goverment and some got freed but it turned the people MILIONS years back what i mean is they arent thinking about mental development as advanced countries think( america/united kingdom/australia etc..) because they went true a GREAT poverty soo all they mostly know is work/drink/ have fun etc.. soo most need time to adjust to new mental climates and need ALOT of quite discussions . that constant party( thingie) they do comes from the great supresion their people suffered from comunism and alot of pressent/past comunistic countrys DRINK drink ALOT i hope u understand me . i personaly have some friends from such countrys and an uncle

soo my advice would be try to discuss with ur mom to explain him the way u ( americans) live what is by ur ( Logic) right think to do, try to show them this is not a fruitfull way of living in ur country, etc.. by goin against what they do is only gona make thinks worse.. and an advice try to open discusion with, ( look man i like u i cherish u as a step brother but hear me out) ETC... i hope u get my idea..

3. FreeFlow9917

See the thing is i dont give a shit that he drinks its just that his dad gets him everything.
    Thanks for advice though, he is pretty cool, damn country imbedded the drinking thing in my mind. I really don't mind that he drinks though and i know czech is pretty bad, especially the politics and mafia