1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister just doesn't understand

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by swimmertriangle, Aug 4, 2013.

1. swimmertriangle

I recently came out to my older sister, and all has been pretty much okay. I'm out to three friends and that's it. But I think she's having trouble understanding how difficult it is to still be in the closet regarding everyone else. I can't talk to her about it because she seems to think it's not very hard at all.
    Like, for instance, I was watching one of those coming out stories when she walked into my room. She was suspicious since I exited out of the page and when I told her what I was watching she didn't get why I was watching it or why I would need to watch one since I already came out twice.
    How can I get her to understand that there are other people who don't know and I'm worried about what happens when you go public? It's tough being gay in a small school but she just doesn't understand.

2. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why don't you just try explaining what you just said to her? If she ever sees you watching something like that again, or if the subject comes up, just say that yu aren't out to everyone, and it is a really difficult thing to do.