1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm dying

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Goodnyte, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Goodnyte

I feel like I'm dying inside. That is the best way to describe this feeling. I feel like my heart soul is being ripped out. I just don't know. I got this feeling the day my boyfriend dumped me. The distance was bothering him so he wants to be friends until he can come see me. I just...I don't know why I am having this feeling. And it has only intensified when he was talking about the recent Anime convention he was at and how he saw a lot of attractive girls.

How do I make this feeling go away? I really feel as though I am dying. What do I do? Do I just ignore it and hope it fades?

2. misunfortunate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Here's a link to some excellent breakup advice: Autostraddle — The Best Break-Up Advice You’ll Ever Get

It's for lesbians, but the advice is gender-neutral and works for anyone. I found it so very reassuring when I felt like I was dying when my girlfriend dumped me. It's so hard loving someone who broke up with you and doesn't love you anymore, I know. And I'm so, so sorry for you having to go through this. But it WILL fade. Slowly, every single day, the pain will be less and less terrible. You should take some time to be alone and deal with it yourself, but you also need friends right now. Someone to talk to about everything, someone to make you laugh, someone to distract you. There is so much more to you than this breakup. There's an entire world! So many things you can do other than love this person. Distract yourself, fall in love with something else that isn't him. Pursue an interest. Take up running. Learn an instrument. Anything!

It DOES get better eventually, and you are strong enough to get better. Good luck <3