1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peeking our heads around the closet door...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thisthewaywego, Aug 5, 2013.

1. thisthewaywego

--begin rant, sorry in advance--

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I can get a bit more advice with a situation that's bothering me a bit. Basically I posted a while back about a really really ambiguous relationship I've got going on with one of my best friends who I've known since I started school. I'm bi (I think) though not out, he says he's straight and he's been going out with a girl for 3 years (even though they don't see each other very much and he hardly ever talks about her).

Anyway me and this guy are massively into each other, and it's so obvious. It's everything - body language, the way we look at each other, making excuses to touch each other all the time, and (most obviously) the fact that whenever we end up in the same bed together we end up wearing just boxers and spooning each other. Like, really intimately, plus I know he's had a boner when that's happened.

So yeah, it's all really obvious. My question is where we go from here? We never ever talk about this, neither of us has acknowledged anything, even though it's impossible to ignore and I know we both feel pretty strong about it all. Problem is, I get the impression that he might be more conflicted about his sexuality than me. The girlfriend issue is problematic, and I know if I was him I'd be feeling guilty about having feelings for someone else. So I'm worried that if I talk to him about it, he might freak out. He might not, but I don't want to ruin something which is so amazing by making everything awkward.

What should I do? I guess I could kiss him or something when we're in bed together, but I always get really nervous :frowning2: I kind of think he's either as nervous as me or conflicted, so I'm worried the whole opportunity might pass if I don't do anything. I'd be so devastated if that happened... Any ideas?

--end rant, thanks for reading!--

2. LD579

Many times things do not happen without action. Many times risks must be taken for something good. It's up to you whether it's worth the potential benefits to risk potential negatives. Besides that, though, communication is important for any relationship, whether that's friendship or a romantic relationship or one between family members, or between a boss and worker... You get the idea. The girlfriend issue is also not fair to her at all.

Also, if it's seemingly really obvious but not confirmed, it'd be good to confirm that it is all 'real' before doing anything further. That'd happen by talking with this guy. I wish you the best =)

3. confused1234

The only way to resolve this is to talk to him. It's a difficult but necessary step to take. If you open up to him, he will probably open up to you too. And if you guys are as close as it sounds, I'm sure he will take it well.