1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing signs from the guy I like.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wallis, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Wallis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Forum!
    My situation is very weird, infact its a long story, so I am going to try to cut the fat and get into the details. A guy I've had a crush on for a year now (He is a sophomore and I am a junior) has been driving me nuts. He is a shy boy, keeps to himself, quiet Etc. Though around me, he comes out of his shell, he laughs at everything I say, looks me in the eyes when I talk to him, always smiles when I am around but he also looks away allot. Last year he always would look at my direction when I sat on the other side of the class, and when I looked back he looked the other way sometimes smiling *and I mean sometimes.* When we started hanging out last year about 2 months of talking and he didn't know I was gay I asked if he liked anyone, he said no and got very shy so I asked if he was gay. He started getting really nervous and answered that he liked girls after stuttering allot. Later on of course I told him I was gay and he was surprised saying I didn't look gay. Also on in the year my friend asked him if he liked me but he said no shyly my friend said, I don't know if he was telling the truth or just playing it off because it was someone else and he was scared to tell the truth. I took that with a grain of salt. He always was shy when I asked if he wanted to chill over a weekend, always saying maybe but not actually appearing. One time my friend told me to sit over near my crush, he instantly pointed to the chair next to him with a big smile and "sit her" so I did and we told jokes all hour, making fun of some people we know. and taking notes together, he always comes to me when he has a question and we usually sit together if we have a class together excluding lunch (because I am too scared to ask him to sit at my table). We have gotten closer lately, he didn't shy out when I asked him to sit at my table in my english class. and we always talk. I remember on the last day of school last year, we sat together and just talked all hour, he always is a little flirtatious. I try to give some signs I like him but I get scared, and back out.

There is allot more information but its too much to type here, though if you guys have any questions about how he acts or want more details I'll respond as fast as I can. I am thinking about telling him my feelings in a little because I don't want to go on in life wondering if he liked me or not. If anyone has any advice that would be awesome! Thanks guys! (&&&)

2. LD579

Unfortunately, the facts seem to be as such:

-You're gay
    -He knows you're gay
    -He says he's not into other guys

With all that said, he may as well be straight, even if he really were into other guys. If or when he gets to a point in his life and situation where he's comfortable with coming out to you (Assuming he does like guys... it's very possible that he doesn't), then that day would come. All you could do in the meantime is be a supportive friend for him, as you likely are at any rate.

Little gestures and such just unfortunately aren't enough proof. Stereotypes are not proof, either. The only dead-set proof would be if one were to tell you... in general.

3. Wallis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your probably right, and I am a good friend to him. If he has any interest, then he would of done something about it. It's cool though because he is a good friend:slight_smile:
    Thanks man!

4. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If nothing else it seems like you have a best friend : ) You have told him that you are gay, and that's really all you can do. Don't get hung up on him since he told you that he isn't gay. There are plenty of other gay fish in the sea ; )