1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I feel lonely...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dans le placard, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Dans le placard

So it's been nearly four months since I've been out the closet. Mostly it's been great, and its definitely something I will never regret, but I've run into a slump of sorts. The fact is that I'm finding it hard to meet guys. I really wanna go out to gay clubs and bars but all my friends keep on bailing out. I'm really struggling to make gay friends, and on a certain app that shall be left anonymous, I seem to get sucked into a vortex of endless chat. The fact is that I'm not necessarily looking for a relationship anymore. Nor am I looking for sex and sleazy hookups. The fact is that I want to finally feel that I can meet gay men and live while I'm young. At the moment, it's not happening, and it's beginning to get me down. Has anybody else ever been in a similar situation and can provide some words of advice?

2. Jerk88

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was on ****** and everybody wanted the same thing and was just sex, sex and more sex smh.

3. LD579

I think you're looking for steak in a fast food restaurant. Both can be yummy, but sometimes you don't want fast food... so to speak. Could you look into LGBT meet-ups or hangouts or things of that nature? You'll be more likely to meet others who want to make friends and connections as opposed to no-strings-attached sex.

4. Stronger24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I kinda have the same problem. I don't live in an area where the LGBT community is prominent. I have to wait til I move out of the area, but I get very lonely in the meantime.

5. Deaderpool2

without giving too much detail, which part of england do you live in dans le placard? my only advice to give is that if you know any gay pubs/clubs go to them with or without friends. its what i did (given i hadn't come out to my friends yet) and i made a fantastic group of friends down my local gay pub. not gona lie i was 18 yrs old and that first time walking through the door was nerve wrecking, but once i was in that was it. i ordered a drink, sat down, started chatting to a couple, told them i was new and just came out, they introduced me to their friends and the rest is history. I was exactly like you, wanting to meet gay guys like me and talk face to face. (I tried that whole gay chat and meet thing, Luckily nothing happened when i did meet him but it almost did, which with this guy would have been a huge mistake) Next time you decide your gonna go and your friends bail, just go anyway, have a chat with the barman/lady see if you can strike a conversation with some people. wish u luck

6. GayNerd

Don't feel bad. If you can't meet Gay Friends in person, we are all here for you. Everybody wants everybody to be happy. If you ever want/need to talk to anybody, I want to let you know that I am always here for you, along with everybody else.