1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to fast

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ILoveWine1978, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ILoveWine1978

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya,

Sorry if I waffle on...bit of a long story coming and a bit nervous.

Came out at the end of February after years of denial. Left my relationship of 7yrs (3yrs of which were marriage) also got to beautiful kids..(one from a previous relationship)

So I met somebody literally straight away and I have fallen for her. She has been my rock throughout everything, bought back my smile and made be feel 100% comfortable with myself. we have been together 6mths and everything seemed to be going well.

This week though I feel she is putting the relationship under a lot of pressue. She wants to rent a house out and now she is talking about us moving in together after xmas..which I am not opposed to. There are alot of things to take into consideration..like the kids.. we havent even told them (they are a 9yr old boy and 3 yr old girl).

I have gone back to her and said I would love to move in with her...but would have to take into consideration everything, she took that as a negitive and me not wanting to! Maybe have this conversation in another 6mths time? If she wants to move out of her mums house then thats cool. After all we have only been together 6mths, I have the kids to think about if they are my prority..look at the financial side. She will be taking on two kids and everything that comes with that.
    She has bascially said don't see each other this week and see what we both want instead of leading each other on?!? Its like an ultimatum! I do not want to lose her at at all.

Any advice grateful.

Thanks.

2. LD579

It's not good for her to force this upon you, to be honest. I'm not so sure what this space between you both will accomplish, but I think and hope it's not actually an ultimatum. If in doubt, communication could not hurt. Moving in is a gigantic step for any relationship, and especially as you have children, that's a large thing that must be taken into consideration, as you know. Thinking about this logically, 6 months and then moving in is extremely fast-paced. It wouldn't hurt to wait more before you both do so.