1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pursue him or forget him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bananacakes, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Bananacakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey sorry this is so long. I really need help on this. (I know there is already tons of orientation posts out but I haven't been able to find one that fits my needs.
    Anyway, the person I like is super accepting of homosexuals. I've overheard some of his conversations (because his locker is close to mine) and him and his friends are always talking about them /him being gay. He just laughs it off and says he isn't. He also never talks bad about this gay couple in our grade. He has also complimented me on my appearance(ie; "your hair looks really good today""your shirt looks really nice" , which most 10th grade guys don't do. He is also touchy with his two guy friends. Like always chest bumping, hands around their chairs, stuff like that. He always dresses nice. Like most jocks dress in sports cloths but he e wears more AE/Hollister, etc. Lastly for the 'gay side' he's never had a girlfriend. He's is self aware of his appearance. Like he is always worrying about his hair, cloths, stuff like that. He's been asked out by like 3 of the popular girls in school but turned them all down.

Now for the straight side. Him and his boy friend had a conversion about the hotness level of celebrities like Beyonce, Shakira. Etc. He's not even close to the stereotype of gay. Not super high voiced (neither am I though). plays sports (Idk if this counts but the gay guys in my school don't play sports.)

Summary:
    he is gay :
    Compliments me on my appearance
    No girlfriend ever. Even though asked out 3 tines
    Self aware of appearance
    Somewhat touchy with other guys
    Very accepting of homosexuals

He is straight;
    Conversation about how hot Beyonce is
    Not stereotypical
    Plays spirts

Thanks
    J

2. LD579

There's not enough to go off of here. Stereotypes aren't necessarily indicative of anything. Are you out to him? If anything, that'd be a place to start. The only surefire way to know that he's gay or bisexual would be to ask him directly and for him to say that he is. As it stands, nothing here really says anything about his sexuality besides the fact that he talks about how hot Beyoncé is.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like his Friends are picking up on him being Gay as well, from what you say, it sounds like a possibility :slight_smile:

4. GayNerd

I'm Gay and I think Beyoncé is hot.

But still, not every Gay person doesn't like sports. They also don't have to go with certain Stereotypes. If you want to know if he is Gay, ask him yourself.

5. Bananacakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

No, I know they can like sports lol. I was just saying. And as for the stereotype, I was just getting that out of the way. I don't fall into most of the stereotype either

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2013 at 03:53 PM ----------

Nope, just 3 close friends.

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2013 at 03:56 PM ----------

And, forgot to add, but I don't have his number. And i can't think of a good way to get it. I don't want to be like "hey, can I have your number?" it would be Akward. I would need a reason.

6. Hrantou

Stereotypes are really hard to go off of. The more you look, the more you kinda realize that sometimes they just don't apply to some people.

It's a possibility. My Advice: Try to get to know him better. Maybe you got a class together? Or a mutual friend? Be like "Hey! You know who we can invite to *insert hangout* We can invite *insert his name*" :thumbsup:

7. Bananacakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We don't have any mutual friends. Lol that's why u want his number

8. Yeah, the stereotypes may not fit him. The best way to get your amswer is just to ask him at some point, or seduce him with an almost kiss (granted, that may not be such a good idea, lol). Get to know him better for sure though!

9. Pat

Pat

Same advice I give everyone. You can't out anyone. Tell him you're gay, that's the best thing. I would recommend just befriending this kid if you can't exactly tell him you're gay right now and get to know him. 9/10 you can figure it out on your own. Normally, I would say if you have to ask yourself whether to pursue someone, the answer is no. You shouldn't have to work too hard for someone else's affection. If you had to convince them, do you really want it? I'd say get to know him.. genuinely.. and through the course of friendship, you'll find out if he's gay or straight or bi.. or metro, whatever else is out there lol...