1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ragazza, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Ragazza

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

During the summer holiday I've felt (and still feel) lonely all the time. During school, I have friends. But I never see them outside of school. They see each other, but they don't ask me because I listen to music they don't like (grunge, metal...), because I'm not a devoted fan of Superdry and Obey, because of the fact that I'm not like them. For example : 2 of my classmates were talking about going on a holiday with friends in the summer holiday. They told me that me and another classmate should join to. I told them that I had to ask my mom, she's disabled and I wanted to be sure that she wouldn't mind being alone for 2 weeks. I also needed to make sure that I could pay that, I'm not as rich as my friends. So I told them : 'I have to ask my mom first.'

Weeks passed by and I didn't hear anything about the trip. One of the friends would go on a holiday those 2 weeks so she couldn't go. The other 2 didn't ask me anything and they didn't talk about it. One month ago I heared them say to each other : 'You know we have to go on a holiday.' They didn't ask me and now they are in Spain. On a holiday for 2 weeks. :bang:

I feel lonely, different. I like to read books, listen to my kind of music. I don't drink alcohol and I don't like to go out. I've never had a serious relationship. I'm alone all the time. How am I going to meet someone ? Random add people like my friends do . 'You are gay, I am gay. Let's start a relationship.'

I don't now anymore. I would like to know (more) people like me.

2. AKTodd

Two things here:

First, perhaps see if there is an LGBT community center or support group or social groups in your area that you could take part in. They might have book clubs or game nights or something. You might also look into such things even if not LGBT specific if you are just looking to make more friends and socialize.

Second, did you ask your mom? What did she say? Could you afford the trip?

And, perhaps most importantly: Did you follow up with these folks after basically leaving it open as to whether you could even go or not? If you don't push events, they often wont' happen, so you need to follow up if you are truly interested in taking part or making something happen.

Although that all said: Were you even really interested in going in the first place, given your interests? I also like to read, listen to rock/metal, and don't much like going out unless it's something like dinner or a movie or the like. My partner has very different tastes in entertainment but feels much the same re going out.

Ultimately, there are other people out there like you, but you may need to search a bit to find them, since they all like to stay home and read and such:slight_smile:

Todd

3. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...you didn't follow up on them after you told them that you were going to ask your mom.

I think they took your silence as you weren't interested or something and moved on.

Also, what AKTodd said about the LGBT Center thing.