1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to talk to a friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Closetedteen, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Closetedteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently started dating this girl and basically since the start we've been having problems. I've also been dealing with tons of other things. So I was talking to my closest guy friend about it. I ended up writing him a super long email after he went to bed and in it I mentioned my bisexuality and how I used to have a crush on him but that I've gotten over it now. He's helped me a lot with my relationship but he hasn't said anything about my bisexuality or how I used to have a crush on him. Its been about a week and I don't know if I should talk to him about it or not.... He hasn't started treating me differently which is good, he still seems comfortable around me and is very friendly. So my question is, should I bring up the topic? Maybe ask him what he thinks about it? Or should I just stop worrying about it and assume that he's comfortable with it? Please help, I'm unsure of what to do and I have a lot of things I'm worrying about.

2. LD579

I don't see any reason to actually bring it up to him, to be honest. It may make him feel a bit awkward when that's a topic of conversation between you and him. Otherwise, you can likely assume that he's just fine with you formerly liking him, as his behaviour hasn't changed. Is there a reason you want to talk to him about it all? It's hard to tell what his thoughts on the matter may be, but if he acts kindly towards you, it's likely that no matter how he is actually taking it, he still wants to be supportive to you as a friend.

3. Closetedteen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess if he still treats me the same then I have no reason to bring it up and risk making anything awkward. I think I just won't worry about it. He has always been supportive of me so I'm sure you're right. Thank you

4. TacoswithJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In agreement with everyone else, if he hasn't changed and isn't making a problem of it, then you can go ahead and just say hey he's okay with it.

On the other hand, if you do need to talk with someone about it then you can definitely ask him be like hey i really need to talk to someone about this would you mind?

5. lukeluvznicki13

If he read it and he still treats you the same then it is great :slight_smile:
    He accepts you for who you are which means he's a true friend.