1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

struggling with flirting

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by toboymi, Aug 11, 2013.

1. toboymi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello friends!

My problem, as a recently outed lesbian, is that I can't flirt with girls I find pretty. This is also harder for me because I'm incredibly awkward and I don't have the so called "lesbian look". People rarely thinks I'm gay, that causing other girls that are into girls think I might fancy them. I'm stuck between having to wait door someone to realize or overcoming my fears. There's also a girl I fancy and font know to let her know.

Do you know any tips that could help me?

Thank you n.n

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is there a "straight look"? I don't think so, and the same is true for LGBTQ people: only certain groups follow stereotypes, but those stereotypes don't fit everyone.

For the girl you like, maybe you could approach it like making a new friend, starting with small conversations on your interests and finding what is common between you two. This may also allow you to see if she is interested in you, too, without the danger of scaring her off by saying at once how much you like her.

3. inknots

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would suggest meeting girls in places that accept and attract gay people, like bars with gay nights, or meeting them through friends who already know they're gay. The unfortunate truth is that most girls are straight, and straight people are often scared of being hit on by gay people (for whatever silly reason). Flirting always takes practice, and it's awkward for most people. Don't give up!