1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings Messing me Up

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Deaderpool2, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Deaderpool2

Ive been out since i was 18 and made some friends at the local gay pub in the same year (around this time actually, go figure) and life was great. However after two years i kinda stopped going, completely stopped after the third year. i still occasionally bump into my old friends in the street and we chat for a bit, but other than that i dont keep in touch. these days i just go to the cinema with my brother or by myself, do a bit of shopping and thats it.
    its not fear or anything that stops me going, i got over that after my first few trips to the pub. anyone else ever hit these slumps? or anyone got any advice?

2. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've had several times like this in my life. Though most of mine were back in my high school days. There have been a few times after then in which I just didn't feel like doing anything. I always end up getting back into the routine of finding people to be around. Maybe you just don't like going to that pub or even that kind of atmosphere. I've never been to a gay club or had a social network that included a gay scene or anything like that. That being said, is there not any other way that you can be around the people that you want? I mean, is it that you don't feel like meeting other gay people or you just don't feel like being around people in general?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're not interested, you're not interested. You should never feel obligated to do something, and maybe you're just growing up and found other things to do. Having friends that are gay is fine, but having your sexuality in common doesn't mean you have to stay friends, just like any other friendship. While some people think friends must always hanging out together to stay friends, most realize that you can remain friendly with people without being close.

One alternative is to find people (gay or not, your choice) that have more things in common with you, so that you can do things together (like going to see films).

Also, do you know your personality type? Maybe you're an introvert and don't need a lot of social interaction.
    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

#3 resu, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013