1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to get over her.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Holly, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Holly

So, I've been crushing on my bi friend for a while. We dated for like 3 days, then she called it off suddenly, I still don't know why. While we were playing 'truth or dare' at my party, she admitted she did like me more than a friend, but that it was in the past.

I guess part of me was still clinging on to the hope that she would change her mind. Now things are really awkward, and I feel like I really need to get over her and move on. Yet at my party, when she arrived, I just had all the feelings bubble up again, like I was falling for her once again. It doesn't help that I got a very small taste of what it would be like to be with her, and then it was ripped away from me.

I do want to ask her why her feelings changed so suddenly, or at least why she decided to date then call it off. I felt rather strung along. But then again, I don't want to make things even more awkward between us. We haven't spoken about any of the dating part, not since she called things off.

Does anyone have any tips for getting over her?

#1 Holly, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. BooksJeansTea

I wish I could offer something better but these things take time. You can go out and keep yourself busy instead of sitting around and wishing things were different. Try not to worry what's wrong with you because it's likely more of an issue with her. (*hug*) Get out and have some fun!

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can imagine how difficult it is for you because it seems like you were more into her than she was into you. Perhaps, she figured that she didn't want to ruin the friendship, so she called it quits. If you really want to know then I'd ask her, but only if you are ready to hear her answer. Sometimes, not knowing is better than knowing, especially, if it could cause potential heartache. It's almost like, asking someone who's rejected you, why. I, personally would rather not know at all.

If you choose not to talk to her about it then you've already moved on. I know that it is going to take some time, so try to keep yourself busy and hang out with other friends. And you will feel better once you can be around her without wondering what went wrong. Whatever you do, don't try to bury your feelings in hopes they will disappear, you have to face them then let go.

#3 pinklov3ly, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  4. ryanalexander61

These are really the only ways I think you can get over someone:

1. find someone else
    2. cut off all contact with the person until your feelings pass

Both options obviously aren't easy, but un-reciprocated feelings aren't easy.

5. Holly

I think it's very unlikely that I'll find someone else. While I know a fair few LGBT people in my school, I don't like any of them more than friends, only her. There is no support network where I live where I could meet any other people my age...

6. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really hate when people leave you hanging with no explanation. My advice would be to keep yourself busy and surround yourself with friends doing something that you love. Unfortunately, the only thing that really helps us get over someone is time.

7. Englishlad

Hi I am sorry that this has happened to you. I broke up with my boyfriend back in March and I was heartbroken. Friends kept telling me that time will heal my broken heart and as the months have passed and its got easier.