1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this killed my inside...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lexi, Aug 13, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

I may be a teenager, but i am still a child; which means there are certain things that my relatives should NOT be saying to me...

"I dont like THEM" (homosexuals)

"thats so wrong, how could two men or two women want to kiss each other?"

"enjoy going to hell"

"yeah, so you’re going to end up with some big ugly butch?"

"if gay people can get married then what? pedophiles?"

"Im not coming to your wedding, i’ll stay home with the dog"

"the only reason those people want to get married is for INSURANCE!"

"If they can get married they'll rape their kids!"

"blah blah blah its all about MONEY and INSURANCE"

"If they can get married they'll raise gay kids!"

"they shouldnt be here, the population would be nonexistant if they were supposed to be here!"

"Why, WHY would you want to marry a girl?!"

"Thats so wrong, they shouldn’t exist"

"That sick"

"If your marrying a girl, you dont DESERVE to get married"

"Sure i’ll go to your wedding, i’ll be the flower girl and wear a frilly little dress!"

"Some of the things you say hurt me so bad… they cut me to the bone because its so un-christian"

my grandma basically said: “Well it hurts me more to see my daughter so upset about this (my aunt had just stormed out crying) than for you to sit here and listen to your family talk about how much they hate you”

"Its WRONG, and its DISGUSTING, and its just WRONG"

etc, etc, etc. I basically sat there, for 4 hours, on vacation, trying not to cry, as my family, the people who i grew up with, looked up to, and adored, telling me how disgusting and unnatural i am, that i’m going to hell, and don’t deserve to marry who i love. It KILLED me inside to hear those things, from the family that is otherwise amazing, loving, and accepting. (btw, they didnt know i way gay, just thought it was a hypothetical "If i was gay..." thing, but regardless they shouldn't have said it. now, i think they all at least suspect it)

2. Gen

Gen

I really want to be able to crawl through this computer screen, because I really want to give you a legitimate hug right now. I know from experience how horrible that is. Forgot un-christian, is inhumane how they are treated you. (*hug*)

I suppose it goes without saying that if you haven't officially come out to them yet, then its probably best to wait until you get put some distance between you all. I would just try to ignore them for now. Hopefully that won't be long. There isn't much advice that can be given, because I'm sure you know that you aren't anything like what they claim. You will always be far stronger than anything they can ever say about you.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, I think you need a (*hug*)

I cannot imagine how hard it must have been to hear the people who are suppose to love you say those mean things to you. No matter what they say, you know it is simply not true. Yes, we want equal rights because we're human after all and we deserve to love and be loved just like anyone else. We're not asking for anything extreme just the same rights afforded to those who are HU-heterosexual-MAN. With everything that you've listed, all of it sounds very ignorant and well, I think your family needs to be reeducated.

If it were true, that gay people will eventually raise gay kids then I should be straight. Because the last time I checked I have a mother and father who raised me, yet I'm gay, so that argument is invalid. And so are the rest of them, and I can't imagine how it must have felt to sit there and listen to them say these disgusting things.

What I think about when I reread these statements my responses are as followed:
    I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to sugarcoat the hurt this has caused you. I'm trying to cheer you up and tell you what I would've said in the given situation. However, I know you're not ready to come out and I see why. Everything will be okay and never let anyone make you feel bad about who you are.

I used to hear people close to me say some really awful things, which made me feel ashamed, so I stayed in the closet. However, you deserve to be happy with whomever makes you happy. You do not need their blessing at all, especially if they're not going to be supportive. So, just hang in there (*hug*)

#3 pinklov3ly, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  4. sammy1

Wow im so sorry that u had to hear all those horrible things! :frowning2: (*hug*) almost had me in tears because i have experienced the same kinda situation and you cant defend yourself because you're in tge closet...its a horrible feeling i know and again im sorry!

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That negative talk is so wrong at every level. Hug
    Nobody should hear that from family
    Maybe it is ignorance, maybe partly their own prejudices, maybe their way of 'steering' you down a hetero path .. But clumsy and hurtful at best

Maybe if they knew you are gay ... They would not have said these things?

6. BooksJeansTea

(&&&) I'm so sorry you had to hear those things. If I could come through your computer and give them a piece of my mind, I would. You deserve so much better than that. I know your heart hurts right now but don't let it make you bitter. (*hug*)

7. jimL

Someday when you do come out I hope they will be soooooooooooooo sorry for all the hurtful things they have been saying. It's easy to gay bash when you don't know someone that is gay........or you don't know is gay.

Love yourself for who you are.....it will get better. It just might take some time.