1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this guy like me or something?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by C P, Aug 14, 2013.

1. C P

C P

I hope this is in the right section.

So I go to this food place often to bounce off the WiFi there because I still haven't bothered to set up internet at my place I moved to a while back. At times it can be over a week or two or it can be day after day, really depends on what I have to do otherwise.

Well when I go to this place, this one employee always says hey and starts talking to me if he notices I'm there, sometimes even sits down about a table away(the smaller ones so it isn't much distance). Usually if someone's been working a while without a break yet, you can tell that, while they may try to get a laugh in about the day, they still have that slightly tired, 'I want to go home' attitude.

Earlier today when I went, this guy seemed genuinely pleased, even with the above, when he noticed I was there again after a few weeks absent from the place, as he usually seems. It's like I somehow brighten up his day or something, despite me being a little reserved most of the time we've seen each other there. He said something along the line of 'hey I haven't seen you in a while' and I said I was only going to be there a minute today. He then made a joke about how a minute is an hour for me because it usually is, haha, and we laughed at that.

Like I mentioned above, I always have kept more to myself when I went there and he started talking to me because I'm the kind of person who is quiet until I get to know you and then you can't get me to shut up apparently, haha. Even then, I feel like I come across as more nervous anyways when it's a one on one conversation rather than a group so that probably was what was up. Well today, while my usual nerves kicked in, all of a sudden it's like I felt a lot more comfortable in his presence and I think he noticed and that could've lead to his even happier look.

The thing is, there are other regulars I recognize as well but it's like he singles me out. It's weird because the first time I recall ever really talking to him he was with a friend of his and some girl

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course he likes you!

But, of course, what you're asking us is whether he LIKES you...right? We can't know, and unless you ask him, you can't know either.

The best you can do is get interested in him! Do you know his name? Where he's from, etc.?

Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship...it needn't go anywhere further than that, but again, you won't know until you ask...and that requires that you feel comfortable enough with him to ask such a question.

3. ryanalexander61

Nothing you can do but befriend him a little and see where it goes...you have nothing to lose!

4. C P

C P

Hmm...must not be able to edit yet or something but it looks like the last part was clipped off or something:

'who were having car troubles. I think he had just gotten off at the time too or was just getting there early. I'm not getting into stereotypes here but he just doesn't give off a gay vibe if you ask me. I can't be sure whether or not it is just him feeling like we can be friends or something.'

I know, I know, nobody can really give me an answer without knowing either of us in person but I'm still open to hearing opinions from what I've made known here.

Doubt I feel comfortable enough to just come out and say that but I can see what you and ryan mean by at least befriending the guy first, which looks like what's been slowly going on now.

I know his name at least but most of the time so far we haven't really gone into anything personal like what you listed but thanks for the advise, hopefully I can be comfortable enough to at least get to know him like that, ha.