1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm losing my best friend... PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Batman is swag, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Batman is swag

Hey,

So I actually could use advice on a few different things. I start with the most important:

So one of my best friends (we'll call her C) is the first person I told about being lesbian. She is AMAZING and sooooo supportive of the whole thing. Unfortunately, the whole rest of her family is uber-homophobic. So somehow, her mother found out that I'm gay. Now C's mom doesn't trust me. She thinks I'm trying to rape her daughter by being her friend. She doesn't want me talking to C. She's reading every text and email I send to C. C's mom hates me now. I NEED HELP. I don't want to lose this amazing friend. This whole situation sucks. I have to make sure C's mom isn't looking before I talk to C or hug her goodbye. Please advise...

Second:

I have a friend (we'll say she's R) who is amazing. She's sweet, funny, and she's drop-dead gorgeous!!!!, and she's also gay. I have a major crush on her. She told me she's gay, she knows I'm gay, and we've been hanging out every day because we're both at the county fair all day every day this week because we have animals to care for. She's been kind of flirty with me lately, and yesterday she asked if I've had my first kiss yet (I haven't, as my parents don't allow dating until I'm 18). We shared an ice cream yesterday, and we both went to take a bite at the same time and our noses touched and she didn't even pull away! Well, not until my older brother broke up our romantic lesbian moment by throwing a tomato at my face. I shit you not. It got all over both of us. It was actually pretty funny. Anyway, what I'm really asking here I have no idea. Do I go behind my parents' backs and ask her out? Maybe she'll kiss me this week (fingers crossed for me?)

Thanks for reading! I love you all!

Love,
    Batman (*hug*)(*hug*)

2. Nick07

Hi,

It's a bit difficult to give you advice if we don't know about your life situation, neighborhood, acceptance, danger etc.

Can you see each other with C at school? Can you leave her messages other than texts? I mean real paper messages in a hidden tin box for example.

R. Again, this is tricky. Can you two be in danger because your sexual orientation? Are you at home all the time? No wandering around with friends? Is it a problem to spend time together without calling it a date? Just like you are doing now?

3. ItalianBlueEyes

So, as far as I can tell: R is amazing, C's parents SUCK, and your bro seriously needs to find some other target for his vegetables.

Chica, I'm in almost the same situation with my female bff... unfortunately, its really freakin impossible to do anything about homophobic 'rents. Especially if they're not yours. Its up to C to stand up for you! If she doesn't value your awesomeness enough to tell her mom to back the frik off, or if there's nothing she can do about it, I would say give their family space for a while, maybe just a couple weeks, until they get used to it. They're probably afraid that if their kid has a lesbian friend, she'll turn out gay.

About R: she sounds like she's into you, and totally adorable! I probably am not the most qualified chick to be giving advice, but I'd say, ask her to a movie, or to go ice skating, or whatever you guys are both into, and is date-ey in your area. (don't use the word date, though...) Makes it clear you want to be more than friends, and sets up a reallllllllly good chance for her to make a move :icon_wink
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Batman is swag

Hey all,

Thanks so much for your help! =) @Nick07, well, my neighborhood is VERY accepting of gay/lesbian etc. people. As for school, we're both homeschooled atm. Although I'm entering 10th grade in a private HS in 21 days =DDD So that rules that out... yeah. I think space and time are my friends here.

@ItalianBlueEyes: I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER. MY BROTHER AND HIS VEGETABLE TARGETS. OMFG. Okay, but yes. I will try with R. The tough thing is that she lives abt a half-hour from me. Not too bad tho...

Thanks again! <333

5. Batman is swag

Well, it hasn't gotten any better. Haven't spoken to her or anything. =(((((((( :'(((