1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad at Parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nemocplus, Aug 16, 2013.

1. nemocplus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im mad at my parents for circumcising me as a baby. I mean, imagine a parent chopping off a baby's finger! They would be charged with child abuse. Every time I look down there I am reminded of my parents and it sucks. I haven't been able to masturbate because of this and I keep getting more and more hostile at my parents. I don't really know what I want for you. I guess any advice or insight would be appreciated.

:***:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How does circumcision stop you from masturbating?

3. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you just looking for any reason to be angry?

I'm sorry but I feel this is a trivial reason to be mad at your parents. The probably made the decision based on what would have been sound medical advice at that time.

So why isn't the rest of the world as pissed of as you? Why can the rest of the circumcised guys still masturbate and you can't?

If this is upsetting you this much for real, I think the problem is more with you than it is with your parents and perhaps you should find someone to talk to before your anger gets the better of you.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First, chances are that your parents did not intend any harm. It's very likely they were sold on the idea. Some common lines: "a circumcised penis is cleaner!" Or "you want your boy to look like the other boys in the high school shower."

For that matter, they may not have even really made a decision. There are stories about circumcisions just happening. Or the doctor saying, "you'll be wanting a circumcision since it's a boy." And things are hectic, so the parent says to go ahead.

Past your parents, you should try to find a way of making peace with the situation. Easier said than done, I know. I am less than thrilled with aspects of my circumcision, particularly a scar line. I remember envying boys when I was a teenager who had a better looking penis. But...what I have is what I have.

5. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? there is such a thing as a 'good looking' penis? Does it wink to get your attention? Does it have more personality than the person it is attached to?

Why the importance of having a handsome penis? Seriously, I need this answered, it baffles me as I always thought you dated a person for their personality and what happened after that happened.

You're dumped because your penis is ugly? WHAT

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ideally, yes, the person one dates matters more than his penis. Or any other part of his body, for that matter. But, realistically, it doesn't always work that way. For some people, the penis could be a deal breaker.

Also a lot of guys attach too much importance to their own penis. (I had issues like that once, as mentioned above, but it was a different era in my life that thankfully is over.)

#6 BMC77, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  7. GrandSummoner

I think I understand what you're getting at. You're angry that your parents altered your body without your consent. I'm not saying what your parents did was right or fair, but you should forgive them for this. I work in an OB/GYN office and I've only seen one or two patients decline a circumcision. The thing is, many people assume a circumcision is necessary or go along with one of the usual excuses such as it being cleaner (Which while true, is a very weak excuse. It's hardly difficult to clean it). Basically what I'm trying to get at is that your parents probably assumed it was the right thing to do and likely had a lot people (Including medical professionals) telling them it was a good idea.

If it's any consolation, I've heard that there is some kind of surgery or grafting process that can give you a new foreskin. I don't really know much about it, but maybe you can look into it when you're older.

As for your being unable to masturbate, I'm guessing that seeing or feeling the scar brings back all the anger and kinda kills the mood? I'm not really sure what to do about this beyond accepting it as best as you can and trying to move past it. If it's that you're having some sort of physical complication, than I'm not really sure what to do. I'm not circumcised so I don't really have any knowledge on the workings of a circumcised penis, I think you're supposed to use lotion or something, but you probably already know that.