1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Display of affection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by welshy92, Aug 17, 2013.

1. welshy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm still in the closet to all my friends apart from 2 and my parents. However, my bf is out to everyone and has been the last few years!

This can prove difficult for me when we are say out and about espcially in my home town and he wants to show attension towards me such as a cheeky peck or hug or hold hands. However, I'm still not that confident but he goes by the moto of dont give a f**k of what other people think as long as your happy. However, i still feel uncomforatbale at times and wonder if anyone is looking etc...

I know this sometimes gets to my bf and annoys him even tho I tell him to respect my ways for now! But sometimes he keeps pushing for a kiss or hug and when I dont give it to him cause I do love him I feel bad as i'd love to give him some attension when we are out!

Can anyone give me any advice sourrouding this issue!

2. Keera101

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand that maybe you're just not really that type of person who displays affection publicly, and there is really nothing wrong with that since that is who you really are. I understand because that is how I am and I can ensure that being that way does not really mean that you do not love your partner. One way that you could do is to explain to your partner that you are really not that type of person. But make sure that he understands what you mean, and that is does not make any less of how you feel for him. Or if you want to make him happy, and try to get out of your shell, just focus on your partner everytime your with him. Put all your attention to him so that you dont have to think of those who are looking or whatsoever. You dont need to mind them, because it will be the one that you love who will really matter. Hope this helps :slight_smile:
    ---
    Anne <3

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its a dilemma.. I have had the exact same problem.
    It needs talking about so he understands a bit more and he will be more sensitive.
    But also talk it through so you can relax a bit and not be too wound up by it also.
    Imagine you were out/out .. you wouldn't think twice.