1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in love with my best freind

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ants96, Aug 17, 2013.

1. ants96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have known my best friend for 10 years and I think I love him and he doesn't know an I don't what to do because I see him every day and it is becoming unbearable and I am afraid of how he would react if he found out. I need some advice. :help:

2. darth vader

Hey buddy. I'm currently in the same situation right now. Except, you are way much younger than I am. I've been secretly in love with my friend for almost seven years. It's killing me inside. So, I mustered all my courage and strength to finally confess to him everything through a letter (2.5 pages to be exact). It was a big lift off my shoulders but it also scared me to death because until now he hasn't replied and it's been five days already. Anyway, in my letter, I gave him the option of not replying at all if he doesn't feel the same way.

I am not sure if this is the right way for you because both of you are still in your teens. He might not take it well. My friend and I are already grownups so I really felt that it's the right time to tell him everything for me to be true not only as a friend but also as a human being.

3. ants96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thank you for your input and I hope it all works out

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think first you should come out to him before professing your love. You have had a lot of time to think about your sexuality, and if you drop two bombshells on him at once, he may react badly.

5. darth vader

Hi there. This is what I did. I dropped two bombshells at once. But I felt that I might not have another chance to tell him because he is quitting his current job and he's going to work back in our home city. I couldn't take it any longer. Thinking about it, I may have overdone it a little. But it really felt like it was the perfect time to come out and confess to him all at the same time..

6. HidingInMyBox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there!

Was in same position for a while, but then decided to man up. Who dares wins, right? He didn't feel the same way, but we're still best friends. So my advice: life is too short. Write him an Email (I did) or tell him in person. If he feels the same way, great. If not, whatever. If he hates you, too bad for him. Walk on by, you don't need friends like him.

7. ants96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    just to say he already knows that I am gay so that obstacle has passed

8. darth vader

PERFECT.. I did the same by giving him a letter.. :icon_wink

9. ants96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I want to but he is not around this week so I can't tell him yet but I wouldn't know where to start