1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i know if this guy likes me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ashen Stardust, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Ashen Stardust

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello everyone ^-^ so there's something that's been bothering me for quite some while. there's this guy in school last year in my military class (a class opt instead of p.e. that most people take to get out of p.e.) We all called each other by last names since yeah so there was this new guy in our class towards the end of the year and he was cute and i've always wanted to talk to him but i was too shy we've only talked about small things like Uh what are we doing today? Small talk. the only thing i remember him talking to me about was when i came with glasses to class one day and he smiled and said "Holy crap you wear glasses."

But at the last day of school we weren't doing anything in class. So he was talking to this girl that was most likely a friend and i went over there and started talking to them about weird things like your dream setting to lose your virginity and she interrupted me and said with a guy. and i laughed and said sure. So all of a sudden she asked me if i was gay and i didn't really care and just said yeah and she told her friend (the guy i like we'll call him mickey) "Hey i found someone for you." and he just got a bit flustered not red but that flustered smile. and said what what?! and looked around in confusing smiling. and the bell had rung and she kept asking me "You're lying right? are you??" And i said "yeah why do you wanna know?" and she said "Mickey was asking." and he started smiling again and said "No i wasnt!" and walked away a bit quickly and went with his sister to go home and i just said bye to them.

So it's been all summer I never knew his first name since in class we would call by last names and i regret not talking to him sooner cause i have no form of contact with him. So summers over school starts this is my first week. I haven't seen him at all but yesterday i was pretty mad and was waiting in front of my bus until my bus driver would let us in. and all of a sudden i look up and he's on the phone and he sees me and smiles and says hi a waves pretty quickly. and i didn't say hi i was mad that day so i wasnt really focused and it took me a while to register who he was!! i hadn't recognized him because he got cuter over summer *O*. I felt really terrible and my heart instantly started beating racing a nervous racing.

But anyways i feel real bad about it and all i wanna do is find him and say hi and apologize but that was the first time i saw him at school this year :frowning2:. and then i keep thinking maybe he was just being polite or maybe he didn't say hi and i heard wrong IDK and then i think we've only talked that day and a few times most people wouldn't just say hi would they!? It just bothers me cause I've never been in a relationship with a guy and i know people say i shouldn't worry about relationships and all that but i just wanna be in one i want someone to actually like me even if i get dumped in the end because all my life i've been secure and i want to know that I'm capable of being loved.

#1 Ashen Stardust, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First just try being friends with him. A straight guy could do all the things you say he did (even checking if you're really gay), so that's not certain. Since he knows about you, the ball is in his court. Once you know him better, maybe you could tell him your feelings for him.

3. Gen

Gen

Well, he already started contact, regardless of whether he is attracted to you or simply wants to be your friend. On Monday, I would just make an effort to keep an eye out for him and return a wave and/or smile.

There is nothing wrong with trying to be friendly. Just make an effort to reach out and try to be a friend or acquaintance. If he is actually equally as interested, he will put forth the same effort back.