1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating/flirting advice for a lesbian freshman...?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpecialBrownies, Aug 18, 2013.

1. SpecialBrownies

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup. I'm just that lame.
    So, I've only been 'out' since the end of my eight-grade year. I've dated three girls (and one boy) in the past, but they've all asked me out, and I knew them prior to the relationship. Well, now that I'm going into high school, I've realized I have no idea how to flirt with a girl, or even how to find other lesbians in school!!
    And I mean actual lesbians, not fuck-you-then-say-they're-straight bi girls. I've had experiences with them before and I want nothing to do with them (her) anymore.
    So, any help on this topic would be appreciated. I supppose the actual question is, how do I find a girlfriend as a freshman? ^^'
    Thanks in advance!! <3 (&&&)

2. TacoswithJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Find friends, get close with them, and something might start!

If you are out, then people will now, and other lesbians will now, so if they like you and they know you are lesbian they might ask you out.

It's all a guessing game :slight_smile: but good luck!

3. Dapper

I think the best advice I can give you is this: Don't look! Lol. I find that if one just goes with the flow and coasts along, one has a better chance than if one were to try and consciously look for a girlfriend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: that being said, does your school have an lgbtq club? If so, join it! And get to know people ^.^ don't put too much pressure on yourself to date someone, just try to make friends first. I mean, being single your 9th grade year won't be the end of the world, lol. You're still young :slight_smile: good luck with your school year!

4. Spirit

I just have to say, wow you are brave! I've never had a girlfriend, so here's just some general good advice. I reccomend joining your school's GSA, if they have one. IF you know of any other lesbians at your school, try making friends with them. You never know what might develop. ^-^

5. Sunshine Cries

First of all... *loud whooping and clapping* YOU GO, GIRL. YOU ARE BRAVE.

As for flirting: Stay confident. That is my number one rule that I tell everyone. Convince yourself that your not scared shitless, if you are. Be open. Be friendly. Be 'cool' - not a douchey kind of cool, but be kind of that person who's really nice and a great person to hang out with. That last part is because you are. :slight_smile:

That's the most advice I can give you on ACTUAL flirting, apart from the obvious (but stated for caution) advice of NEVER saying pick up lines.

If you go to a GSA, you'll probably be a lot safer, though, if flirting with girls. But I think that's been stated already.

Apart from that... Good luck! And have fun. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. ItalianBlueEyes

^^^^Everything you said, I'm in the same situation.
    Do people react weirdly to lesbian couples in a public high school?