1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my life like a bad comedy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Northern, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Northern

Alright so lately my life has not been the worst is can be but it has gotten to a delicate situation, let me set it up with a little story...

So I am gay, and out to everyone EXCEPT my brother and sister, seeing as my brother is a bigot and super homophobic, and my sister is such a drama queen she would end up talking about it for years and she is also homophobic.

So two days ago I went out to the movies with friends, and ended up at a friends house in their pool and sleeping over, I had called my parents and told them so and it was cool. It was seeing as it was a female friends house and my parents trust me, however the next day my sister was freaking out and practically calling in the police for where I went, even though my dad and brother knew where I was... Either way, come home and my sister is fuming because she was "worried" even though she was really just pissed my parents trusted me enough to sleep at a girls house when she can't sleep at a guys house. So she was trying to get me in trouble with my parents because to her I am straight and she thinks I was sleeping with a girl, when in reality it was horror stories and ice cream :lol:

So my mom ended up talking to me, and she told me that I can't sleepover at girls houses anymore that way my siblings don't get suspicious, however she is encouraging me to sleepover at guys houses, so my siblings don't suspect. YET if I would to do that, my parents would think I was sleeping with the guy :bang:

So my parents are trying to get me to hang out with guys, but yet they don't want to because they will get suspicious we are dating or something...

So I want to know what on earth am I supposed to do? Send help... Also I was invited to a pool party on Tuesday by the same person.

2. ryanalexander61

It is obviously a delicate situation since your parents know and siblings don't. In a way, it seems like your mom is worried that her allowing you to sleep over at a girls house would be suspicious to your siblings. And she might have a point. Your sister could easily think, "why is my brother allowed to sleep at a member of the opposite sex's house, when I am not?" Your mom thinks this will indicate to your sister that something doesn't add up. She is just trying to protect you.

Honestly, at this point you said you are out to everyone except your brother and sister. Why wouldn't you just sit down your parents and sister and tell her the truth? If your parents are cool with your sexuality, and they explain to your sister they support you and want to respect your privacy and life, wouldn't she support you as well? Seems like this secret between you and your mom and sister is preventing you from being able to hang out with who you want and when you want.

3. Northern

My brother and sister don't know, because they are homophobic and in the past just seeing a gay couple on TV would bring a very strong negative reaction. So not telling them is just me trying to keep the problems at an all time low, and considering my past with them I don't really plan on including them in my life later on anyway.

4. ryanalexander61

I don't know man it seems like your parents need to get your brother and sister under control and tell them to stop acting like complete fools. How can your mom and dad stand by when their homophobic kids berate people for being like their own son? They should be the ones deciding who you can and can't hang out with, not your sister.

If you think about it, coming out to your brother and sister can have two results. They continue being homophobic, and you eventually cut them out of your life which is the present state of affairs and you are back at square one. Conversely, they may change their views and make things more comfortable for you in your family. Either way you have nothing to lose.

5. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thats ok, my dad thinks that im sleeping with everyone. He doesnt even know im gay! (and a virgin)

6. Northern

Well I do seeing as my brother and sister are already problems as is, causing my parents stress I don't really need to extra stress on my parents with more drama going on with my siblings. I don't think they will change seeing as guys or girls kissing is "revolting" and "disgusting" and "wrong on far too many levels" they probably won't change.

7. ryanalexander61

Then tell your mom to lie to your sister about where you are.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, the easiest road is to follow the injunction of only sleeping at a guy's house, since it would eliminate the problems with your siblings. Your parents might worry, yes, but you can make it clear that the guy is not one you are dating.

---------- Post added 18th Aug 2013 at 07:04 PM ----------

This is also an option.

Or else just simply not give out details. Why does your sister have to know exactly where you are?

9. Northern

No, but she is extremely nosy and chances are she will weasel it out of someone because she is so controlling.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's good your parents are not [as?] homophobic as your siblings. I'm sorry you have to live with such jerks. I guess this is one benefit for me being an only child.

11. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As your parents are already your 'allies' and accepting, then I'd seriously consider outing yourself to brother and sister - with your parents help. I'm sure they would help with this and support you.

Brother and sister would be put on the spot and would come round I'm sure. Blood is thicker than water as they say ..

It would simplify your life if everyone puts their cards on the table and no more 'white lies' which seem to be a waste of energy..

12. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    What should you do? Simple: sleep over at guy's houses and have sex with them. If your parents get suspicious, remind them that it was their idea. At least that's what I would do. :wink: