1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't want to embarrass myself...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ahundredpennies, Aug 18, 2013.

1. ahundredpennies

I've known my friend who's a girl for about a year now.
    Over the past 7 months I'd say I've started to have feelings for her. For example whenever I get a text I get butterflies in my stomach and I can't wait until she texts me back. So I'm definitely crushing- the point is I will be hanging out with her alone (a first). We're just friends and I'm pretty sure she's 100% straight.
    However since I have an attraction to her I tend to act like a huge fool around her because she makes be nervous, good nervous, but nervous lol.
    Any advice on how I can keep my cool? I don't want to tell her how I feel because I think that would be super awkward for me and her. I just don't want to show that she makes me nervous. Does that make sense? Sorry for the rant!

2. Sunshine Cries

I can't really tell you how to be cool around her. The best advice I can give you is act as you did before you had feelings for her, or, rather, act in the manner that you'd be comfortable around a FRIEND (not a crush!). That's the best advice I can give. The last time I had a crush on a girl that was presumably not returning my feelings, I just crashed and burned because I became obsessive. So... Don't become obsessive either. Don't think you'll be having this girl's babies. Metaphorically.

Other than that... Good luck. And I hope everything goes well with this issue.

~Sunshine