1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused- please help me!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by indecisionmaking, Aug 20, 2013.

1. So there's this girl.
    We've been good friends for two years now, and I really like her. A lot.
    She knows I like her. She's bi and says she likes me too but things are awkward between her and her ex-boyfriend, and she doesn't want that to happen with us.
    Anyway, she went on holiday a few days ago, and it's really surprised me how much it's affected me.
    I know she's only been gone a few days, but I really miss her. And I'm not on my own, but I still feel lonely. It's like, things that don't matter when she's here are big problem now.
    I'm starting to think that my feelings for her are stronger than I realised. But it's confusing me, and I don't know HOW strong my feelings are....

2. Episode

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, from what you've said, it does sound like you have feelings for her - they're just difficult to pinpoint. But you're 13, I'm not patronising you nor questioning your experiences, just stating that at an age of 13 it's understandable that your feelings will be all over the place. So take your time to explore, in the end you'll know because your feelings will stay true to you.

I'm going to be the big slop I am and suggest, talk to her about this? You mentioned she likes you to... that should give some security as to how you're feeling. But keep in mind there's a risk of a confuzzled friendship IF you decide to approach her about how you're feeling. But I feel there's definitely something there. If you're getting this hollow feeling when they're not around, 'chances are' you want to be with them.

In the end it's up to you, I wish you the best of luck and hope everything will turn out better than you might expect!
    Now I shall return to my sphere of sulking over whether my crush likes me or not, hahaha :slight_smile:

---
    Btw in your sig, homosexuality is found in over 1500 species: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals] just adding more ammunition there :wink:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the Land of Feelings. :slight_smile: I'm afraid it'll take you some time to get used to it, and there'll be some bumps along the way, but hopefully you'll navigate yourself through this OK.

You at least know where you stand here. This is a one-way street. So you're going to need to work on moving beyond these feelings. It'll take time, distance, and other things to focus on.

Lex

4. Thanks. I'll take into account everything you've said (and thanks for the signature correction, I've changed it now)