1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keep falling for straight older women...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JenniferM, Aug 20, 2013.

1. JenniferM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I am a sixteen year old lesbian. I made the stupid mistake of falling for a 26 year old teacher, and payed the price. She hates me now. Thought I was going to her house and looking in her window's... just because I live three miles away from her. Well I finally got over her, but I am falling hard for my 30 year old best friend. She is gorgeous, very open with what she does. She constantly flirts with me when we are together. However she is straight. She has a boyfriend that I am nice to even though I have only seen him like four times. He gives me this glare like he would kill me if I touch her. He just suddenly appears wenever we are together. I want to tell her that I like her, I mean, she already knows I am lesbian and is proud of me, but I fear if I tell her I'm falling hard for her, ill scare her away. I now fear having crushes anymore because of the way the teacher reacted. I either need to get over my best friend and stop being near her or I have to tell her. I feel like if I tell her I am risking our friendship. I feel like she would turn on me just like the teacher. But I feel like if I don't tell her, I would die of heartache. There arent any out people that I know or am attracted to here. What do I do? :tears:

2. inmyfantasy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    To me it seems like what happened between you and your teacher may have been more of a misunderstanding than anything. Or you're just dealing with a really judgmental and unprofessional teacher. Either way, the main difference here is that you seem to be really close to your friend, and know her pretty well. How do you sincerely feel she would react if you told her? Considering what you know of her rather than thinking solely out of fear, what do you believe is the worst that could happen?

From what you say, your friend seems to be a pretty open minded and accepting person, and seems to care a lot about you. If she's straight and taken, it's very unlikely that anything would happen between the two of you, but if you need to get it off your chest then I say get it off your chest, even if just for your own peace of mind. If she's really the type of friend you make her out to be, I'm sure your friendship will endure.