1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like crying.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpitfireXSoarin, Aug 21, 2013.

1. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You don't have tits or girl parts, you have a penis and you're a boy!" "Stop trying to live in a fantasy world" "Your friends are a bad influence on you, when they come over you're all over them" "This is my house and what you're doing needs to stop" "Deep down you know this delusion you've made for yourself is wrong" "It's a movement, nothing more. You're being brainwashed" "It upsets me to know you're doing this in MY home"...

How can you make your mother, someone you love, see that what she is doing hurts you after she says "I don't care if you were suicidal" and "Did you expect me to beg fir you not to kill yourself". Yeah, today is going to be long and painful. I'm running out of options and she says "Maybe you should just try to live your life the way you want to" mockingly and she pointed to the door. I just lay here now thinking of what I can do and what options I have. What can I do?

2. Nick07

Hi sweetie,

I am sorry it's not easy. I would suggest calling a help line.

If your parents are not this way about other things, they are perhaps scared and don't understand and don't know what to do. When you were little and they thought you were doing something wrong or dangerous, they could forbid you to do that. Now they are following the same pattern because they don't know how to deal with something they don't understand or like.

I am not trying to tell you that what they are doing is right.

If you have enough strength, fight them. But if you don't want to, perhaps don't mention it, let them think that the "phase" was really a phase. And try to bring it up sometime in the future again.

Try to work on your safety net. If your parents can't be there for you when you are feeling suicidal, try to find a good friend who you can trust. Or come here every time you feel bad.

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    And they say gays would make bad parents.

I'm really sorry, dear. (*hug*) I have no idea how to reply to something like that, but honestly, what she's doing... You're a minor. This must qualify as child abuse, no? Can't you go to a school couselor or something? Tell them how your mom is bullying you. Maybe they can talk to her, or call child protective services to do an investigation.

I have a good friend whose mother was constantly bullying him too, driving him crazy. Maybe she's doing this as a strategy to "set you straight", like his mom did with him. What he did was move to another country. Now she seems to be nice to him... when she's thousands of miles away. You're only 16 though, so you probably can't do something like that. Is there any friendly relative you could move in with?

4. Nick07

And OP...

[​IMG]

big hug for you

5. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just don't know. She said "I don't know how to stop you from doing something so stupid" do maybe she thinks she's protecting me...

6. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Those are the same sort of things my mom likes saying to me (though i am only gay, not trans).

It hurts, it really does. but you will excape soon enough, just hold true to yourself, and dont let it get to your head. Have friends that support you, that will help a lot

7. Sarcastic Luck

My mom did much the same thing. Accusing me of wanting to mutilate myself, telling me that she thought I was full of shit, and claiming she knows me better than I know myself. She tried to accuse the fact that I have gay friends as a reason why I'm trans.

I honestly can't wait for university and frankly hope I have to be in a dorm/apartment situation.

8. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    First off I hope you know everything she is saying is conpletely false and there are a lot of people out there who are just like you and would support you. You aren't alone. I thankfully have a supportive mom (who doesn't know yet) so I cannot say that I can relate in that sense. BUT I would most definitely talk to a counselor about it, maybe having another adult talk to her about how her treatment of you is severely damaging would be a wake-up call. She is obviously very afraid of what she doesn't understand, as are a lot of people. But she needs to be supportive of you no matter what.

tl;dr: get a third party to help you out, preferrably another adult.

9. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm super shy though IRL. I was introduced to my last two friends and I have trouble approaching people. I might come out to my aunt though but I don't know her stance and I don't want to lose her.

10. Data

Data Guest

Those sound like the words of a very ignorant person. Sounds like she doesn't know the first thing about what you feel inside. :tears:

I hope one day it'll click into place.

Everyone here understands you though. (&&&)

11. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you.(*hug*)

12. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's the stupid one here, if anybody is. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through right now, and I really can't give any good advice about this since I've never had it happen to me. All I can really say is you're not stupid, you're awesome. I would find some friends that will support you no matter what, and whenever you're feeling down in the dumps or something, go to them or come here for advice. Also if you're feeling bad, I would say do something that you love to do to try to vent, whether it be listen to music, write, etc. And remember to smile, because you are awesome and perfect! (*hug*)

13. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your kind words. (*hug*)

Ive decided that if things get too bad Ill talk to my aunt.

14. suninthesky

It's good that you can talk to your aunt. If I were you I would do anything you can to become financially independent. Work hard in school. Get the best grades you can and apply for scholarships when the time comes. It is possible to support yourself as much as you can. If you can, I would try to get a job. Save up money to use for college and it'll get you some time away from the house. Stay tough <3

15. Amerigo

i feel like crying for you. a hug instead (*hug*). we are here for you

16. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its ok. Its just something I'll have to live with for the moment. (*hug*)

17. Bananacakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi. I'm really sorry to hear this is happening to you.
    I have a good friend who was dating my other best celebs and her pparents are super homophobes. Basically she got physical and mental abused. Me and my 2 close friends called the police and there's nothing they can do unless you tell them what's happening at hom. And this is just bad parenting. Really bad, but not technically child abuse. I'm sorry to say.
    I know you can do it.. Many of us do. Gaga bless :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Kaisoo

I send you lots and lots of love, remember you can always come here and just talk it out, don't keep bad things in your heart or mind, you're really important and beautiful inside out and no matter who you are or who you decide to love you deserve to be happy [​IMG]

19. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What part of the country are you in? There are trans resources in many places, and PFLAG resources almost everywhere.

My first suggestion would be for you to call PFLAG yourself and speak with one of their volunteers, explain what's going on, and see if they have any suggestions for therapists or even a volunteer that might meet with you and your mom.

Part of what you're getting from her is genuine fear, part of it is worry that you're "acting out" or "attention seeking", and part of it is ignorance. Most straight people your parents' age don't know much, if anything, about transgender people or any of the issues.

And, to be honest, it does also happen that sometimes people *do* use a claim of being gay, or trans, or something, as a means of attention-seeking, so your mom may not understand the difference between your genuine feelings and an attention-seeking behavior, particularly if you've ever done anything attention-seeking in the past.

Bottom line, I think if you can get someone else (therapist, counselor, teacher, pflag person) to talk to her with you... she'll be more openminded.

20. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In defense of your parents, they do not understand. They believe you are a deviant because of your "abnormal" attraction.

In defense of you, sexually, your parents attraction to each other is "abnormal." You are a transgendered female (m2f). This is "normal" for you. Others do not understand or want to understand what your feelings are. These people, including your parents, want to put you in a box. Act "normal" dammit. You are acting normal. The normal of a transgendered individual. This is your normal.

You are young. Do not rock the boat. It sounds like you may be on the streets if you are not careful. Rein in your passion around your parents when your friends come over. I would seek the school counselor or someone in the LGBT community. Call the LGBT helpline. you can Google this. There may be a LGBT resource office close to your home. Call or visit them. You are in my prayers, I do not totally understand M2F. However, I know what it is to be gay. You are experiencing something similar. You need to talk to someone, and do it soon. It may save your life. If you feel suicidal, talk to someone, discount what your parents say. DO NOT HURT YOURSELF! There are a lot of transgendered individuals in the community. You may want to call the MCC (Metropolitan Community Church) and explain your plight. This church may put in contact with a transgendered individual. I hope this helps. Contact me if you need to chat.