1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it wrong?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flyinhernikes, Aug 21, 2013.

1. i came out when i was 16 so im technically out but its just been up and down with my parents being accepting.

a few years on after my last relationship ive started to date again. ive gone on a few dates and not told my parents, is it wrong to keep my dating life secret and lie to them? i feel like i have to hide still because they dont care/will say something/they arent that accepting. if i was straight it would be 'oooh who you going on a date with e.t.c.'.

im 21 technically i can do as i please but i cant ever just say 'im going out ill be back at xyz time' i have to sort of give a reason and ive been lying about where ive been going.

im running out of excuses. theres only so much 'im going to library ill brb' they can take before they suspect im going behind there back. thankfully im never out long enough for them to suspect anything yet, but yeah i feel really bad. i cant really ever say im going to see friends because i dont have any near me. im running out of excuses and i just feel so bad :frowning2:

is it wrong for me to keep it a secret/lie? am i technically doing anything wrong? is it ever okay to just say im going out ill be back at __ time?

2. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If my parents still weren't accepting of me at that point in my adult life, I definitely would go out and be like "coming back at __, pce out". Because if they can't be supportive then they don't really deserve to know. But since you are an adult, you should be able to go out and say who you will be with and not really care what they think. So in conclusion, it really depends on you. Are YOU comfortable telling them? If not, then don't. You're an adult so you should do what you want. It's more of their problem, not yours.