1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discovered my first crush online

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mm123, Aug 22, 2013.

1. mm123

mm123 Guest

I've been friends with this person I've met via Twitter for quite some time but I recently discovered that I'm actually crushing on him. Now you may be thinking 'how can you be crushing on a guy who you've never met in person before?'. The answer is because I have these feelings for him that I've never had for anyone ever! The feelings are so strong. We share a lot of the same interests, we have a really good time chatting on Twitter and Kik, he makes me feel happy. Whenever I'm not chatting with him I always day dream about us being together. Whenever I discover he's chatting with someone else I get beyond jealous. It's freaky how I have such a strong crush on someone whom I've never met face to face before. It's so strong that I feel more comfortable coming out to him than I do with my parents. Now, he lives in SoCal and I live near Seattle. That's sort of a problem. So I've really been wanting to confess my love to him over text but I'm beyond scared. I have no idea if he's gay or not and it's probably impossible to tell when I've never had any physical encounters with him. I've never heard his voice, I don't know his body language. I have a couple reasons why he might be gay or interested in me but they're not very strong reasons. Do you guys have any advice for my situation? It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jonathan

You could always steer the conversation so you can gauge his opinions on homosexuality before actually coming out to him. Bring up some topic or news story relating to LGBT issues and see how he responds. This way you can tell if he's homophobic or if he's fine with homosexuality. I would also come out to him first before saying that you feel anything for him. Coming out and then immediately saying that you have feelings for him may be a bit too much to take in all at once, and you don't want to overwhelm him. I would say to take it a bit slowly and ease it forward. Also, when you come out to him, this also gives him the perfect opportunity to come out to you if he needs to. If he comes out after you come out, all the better. If not, then there's a pretty good chance that he's straight.

As to you loving him, I wouldn't say that what you're feeling is love persay. Is it possible that you have a crush on him? Yes. Love him? Not very likely. As you've mentioned, you have never even met him or heard his voice. I personally think that you actually need to meet a person before you can say that you've fallen in love with them. That's not to say that you can't form a connection or a bond with a person just by talking to them online, you just don't have a complete picture of them as a person (which is needed to fall in love). I'm saying this from personal experience. There was once a guy on a dating site that I talked to very often. We got along very well together and formed sort of a bond. Then one day we planned an actual meet up/date. Despite how much we got along online, when we actually met up, we just didn't click and the relationship didn't work out. So be honest with the guy and take as much enjoyment from your online bond as you can, just be careful not to put too much hope into a relationship with someone that you've never met :slight_smile:

3. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, you should definately talk about it, but make sure you are private, and not broadcasting to everyone.

I really must discourage you, because interent relationships are far worse than long distance ones. The interent is much safer than it was 10 years ago, however it would probably be better to shrug it off, because you dont know who they are.

But if you want to persue him, be very careful and dont be stupid.