1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost one of my closest friends today

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by person57, Aug 23, 2013.

1. person57

Okay, so we were friends since 7th grade and now were in 9th grade and our friendship ended today. She always jokes about me a lot and we both laugh about it, but today I joked about her and she got all pissed off and told me she hated me and she didn't want to talk to me anymore. The joke wasn't even offensive or rude at all. But sometimes when she jokes about me their pretty offensive and rude sometimes and I'd either ignore it or pretend to laugh. She also has a rude attitude sometimes, I tried to change that about her but I couldn't. We've gotten into fights before but then at some point she would come back to me and I would take her back. But if she ever comes back to me, I'm not taking her back. She's no good for me. I don't hate her but I want to cut her from my life. But I'm scared because she knows I'm bi and I'm scared she might tell people.

2. Gen

Gen

As uncomfortable of a position that is to be in, you cannot allow yourself to feel pressured to be in a relationship, friendship or otherwise. If you feel that she is having a negative impact on your life, then she clearly has to go. We can only hope that she wouldn't sink that low, but in the case that she does, it would only validate the fact that she isn't someone you want to have around you.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You have to do that sometimes. What you're realizing is that she's probably not a real friend. There's more to it than just good laughs and good times.

I've had last straws with people and I ended the friendships. A last straw is a last straw. If you take them back, they will repeat their behavior patterns. I miss having as many friends, but I'm happier that a few are GONE.

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, if she starts telling people it could end up her word against yours. And pointing out that the friendship ended would make many suspect she's just telling stories to make you look bad.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2013 at 04:42 PM ----------

Yes.

I've had this happen. Actually, it's sort of happening now with one person. It's hard for me because there was some good history. But there was a lot of bad stuff, too, and I don't see any future in the relationship.

#4 BMC77, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. person57

Thank you for your answers

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what that's like. I don't have very many close friends, and one of them is my lover. In high school at least, I had plenty of people who wanted to be friends with me who just liked my humor, but they couldn't like much more than that. I think I had maybe four close friends.