1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like an older girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Summerdreams, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Summerdreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like this girl I met about 2 months ago through my local LGBT group. The problem is I'm only 14 and she's 17. I know a lot of people think I'm too young to be in love etc. But I know I'm really attracted to her and I don't know why. I've always gone for people my own age, but there's something about her that just keeps pulling me in.
    I know she probably isn't interested in a 14 year old girl, and I know it would be wrong for us to be together but I just can't shake these feelings for her. Every time I see her I can't help but smile at her, we talk a lot but I'm scared to tell her how I feel, I'm scared that she'll treat me like a little girl like a lot of other people do.. I know this is corny but every time I fall asleep I always dream about her I can't get her out of my mind and I don't know what to do. What should I do? I'm getting frustrated with myself and my feelings... :bang:

2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
  3. Sunshine Cries

I actually don't agree with Adi up here. I think you should maybe just hang around, flirt a little? Just try and see if she could also be interested in you. It also depends on the state/province/country you're from, regarding the age thing.

Don't be discouraged by the whole '14 is too young to love' thing, either. I'm the same age, and have a girlfriend who is close to two years older than me; I am unashamed to say that I have found my soulmate. :slight_smile:

As far as legality goes, just be careful; being jailbait only applies if you actually have sex with this girl. Sexting and phone sex counts, too.

Other than that? Good luck, chica. :grin:

~Sunshine

4. Femme

5. ItalianBlueEyes

Mmkay, so, to those of the "jailbait" opinion, there's a difference here between liking someone and getting busy with them in the back seat of their car. Let us consider the classic scenerio of a straight girl crushing on an older lifeguard, or the senior on the football team. Completely harmless, right? Flirting doesn't get anyone thrown in jail.

So how is a lesbian crush on an older lesbian any different?

Hon, just keep in mind that being involved with her would be really hard. She's had three more years of life and driving and high school parties, and it would never feel like an equal relationship. College is really not far off in her future, either.

Having been in your shoes... very very similar shoes, anyway, I say just be careful with your heart! (*hug*)

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Depends on how psycho the minor's parents are. A friend of a friend's was 18, dating a 16 year old girl. She was the age of consent, so the parents couldn't do anything about that, but they conveniently "forgot" that their daughter and the bf were going on a camping trip, and had him arrested for "kidnapping." NEVER underestimate psycho parents.