1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should be happy but i'm not

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by blond, Aug 24, 2013.

1. blond

Well i came out to my oldest sister tonight. She told me she loved me and wanted me to be happy, but then she said " If that's what you want " and something about how she didn't understand how i would know i'm gay if i've never been with a girl. She also said she think's being gay is a choice. My mind is mess right now because did not think she would be that way. So i know she love's me. But it just hurt's that she think's that it is a choice.

2. darth vader

sad to know she is misinformed or misguided.. let it cool off for a while.. educate yourself so you can explain to her bit by bit in the future about the truth..

i know where you're coming from because my mother is like your sister.. i don't talk about it as of now.. gradually though she is becoming educated without any effort on my part..

3. blond

It's just painful. I thought it would be different with her. I my other sister was so accepting i thought she would be too.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister treated me differently when I came out, but I'm not sure if she thinks it is a choice or not to like the same sex. I think you should most definitely education her a bit because we all know that being gay isn't a choice. In that case, ask her when did she choose to be straight. If anything, just tell her how you feel about what she said.

5. blond

Yeah i should have a proper conversation with her. It still hurt's a little though.
    I've been trying to forget about it. But i guess it will come up when i talk to her again.