1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Friend" talking behind back

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MoyashiAlice, Aug 24, 2013.

1. MoyashiAlice

Hi~

For those who haven't read it, please quickly skim through my last post about this "friend."

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...ship-friend-doesnt-get-hints.html#post1633043

Anyway, I somewhat did what people recommended for my "friend" wanting to hang out. I told her I was really busy and all. Later I was talking to another friend who had also been invited to hang out and she said she might not be able to go. I said I hoped that V wouldn't be too mad that I couldn't go.

My friend responding and said (about V): "yea she sent me an email saying that u might not care for ur friends as u find "trivial things" more important"

I know that we weren't really friends but it still kinda hurt that she did this. :icon_sad:I was worried that she would talk about me to my other friends and it kinda looks like she is. :frowning2: What do you guys think? Should I confront V about it or leave it?

Also, not sure if this is relevant, but I have marked social anxiety disorder, so I recently deleted my FB account as I needed some alone time. I haven't told anyone that I have social anxiety, but it seems I seem to come off as cold/uncaring to some of my buddies. Should I start to tell people I have a social disorder? :help:

2. MoyashiAlice

I also have a fear of intimacy, phobias, and a dislike of touch. So in some ways, I know I am not an easy friend to hang out with... I haven't told any of my friends this either.