1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butterflies? Are you there? It's me, Confused.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ArtGirl, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ArtGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really do not believe in love. I don't think it is a realistic ideal, or opportunity. I am only 16, and I know a lot of people think, "oh, you're young, you'll find it." In all honesty, I don't think it truly exists at all. Like never. It might just be from the way I was raised.

My family is overly...open. I've been raised about a lot of different kinds of people, and lots of different lifestyles. Believe me, I am okay with it, it has made me who I am, but that doesn't take away the fact that this might contribute to my love lackfullness ideas of life.

Truth is? I'm terrified it doesn't. I am so, so scared that I'm going to get older(I don't believe in 'growing up') and only have my self-hate as a partner. I don't know HOW to love who I am. I don't even believe in self-love. I think I could learn to act as if I was in love, but I wouldn't want to hurt my partner, whoever that may be.
    Anyways...Have a great 24 hours, lovelies.
    Love,
    Butterflies? Are you there? It's me, Confused.

Attached Files:

2. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it would be healthy if you were a bit more open minded about it and just go with the flow should anything happen :slight_smile:
    If you are set on having your current mentality you might be in danger of creating a mental blockage which could cause you to distance yourself from experincing it later in life :slight_smile:

A good tool could be mirror therapy. It helps because the only one who can make you feel better about anything is yourself.
    Essentially its just standing in front of a mirror every day while looking into your own eyes and telling yourself that you are good enough as you are, that anything is possible ect. make your weakness your biggest strength :slight_smile: