1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we be more than friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jojo1189, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Jojo1189

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Okay, I will try my best to explain what's going on.
    My best mate had a girlfriend for five months. He's bi, and I know that, he told me. They broke up about a week an a half ago.
    For as long as I've known him, I've liked him. And we were talking one night about crushes, after they'd broke up. I came clean, not expecting anything to come of it. But he said he liked me too. And he said if I gave him some time to get over his ex, we could date. And hell yeah I'm up for this. But I don't want to risk my best mate for a short relationship. We act like a couple already. Loads of hugging for no reason, when we chill out together, he'll put his arm around me, or I'll put my arm around him, and when he's sad he rests his head on my shoulder. He's the best guy I know, but I'm afraid. I've never had a girlfriend or boyfriend, and I don't know if I should risk the friendship for a relationship. Also, I'm scared he'll forget about me, since he asked for time to get over his ex, he'll forget that I like him.
    Guys, I dunno what to do. Help me.:help:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's get the easiest part out of the way.

OK, I want you to imagine somebody in your life told you the like you "like that". As in "I want to date you" or "I'd like to go to bed with you." Do you think you'd forget all about that? Maybe in twenty years, if you're inundated with offers, maybe you'll forget about a couple of the peripheral ones. But would you forget one of your best friends said "I'm interested in getting into a relationship with you"? Trust me - it isn't going to happen. :slight_smile: Now, that doesn't mean he'll decide he wants to get into a relationship with you, but he certainly won't forget that that option is on the table.

Now, if he DOES approach you, and says "OK - let's do it"...then you'll need to have a quick talk. Say you don't want to risk the friendship if the relationship doesn't work. So ask if he's triply-sure he wants to give this a go. If he does...well, I'd say go for it. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Chris42163

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do it! Best friends already? Hopefully, this is a match made in heaven. Take a chance on being happy for the rest of your lives.