1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward friend situation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainbow Panda, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So basically I have this friend who thinks that I am in love with her. We started talking over the internet and met up a few days ago, a bit complicated. Anyway, she told me again and again during the night that we met, that we couldn't be more than friends. I told her every time that I only wanted her as a friend, because I don't see myself being her in a relationship with her. This made us part on very awkward terms because no matter what I said she didn't belive me and we haven't spoken since.

It is rare for me to find people who I click with like I did with her and I really want us to start talking again, but I am afraid that if I contact her she will think that I have feelings for her again :bang:

What can I do to make it clear to her that I have no want of getting in her pants D:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell her one final time and be done with it. After that it's her problem. What exactly was it that made her think you had feelings for her anyway

3. Hrantou

I have to ask, and don't hate me (*hug*) but did she mention what it was that makes her think this?

I know how you feel. I had a friend in high school that once he found out I was gay, would not talk to me anymore. He was convinced that I liked him, even though I never gave him any reason to think so and as soon as he found out, it was a instant switch.

I would just say it clearly. One last time that you do not want that and you only want to be friends. Like ElliaOtaku said, if she doesn't get it past that, then its her problem and not really worth your time.

4. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I asked her if I had said anything that had lead her to believe that I was interested in her and she said no. But she is a lesbian herself, so I don't think that she is just freaked out.

Maybe it was because we met in a cafe with a bar thing. We sat and talked for about 3 hours and then she went to the bar for 2 hours without returning because she was getting peoples phone numbers. I went to find her because I was really bored so I told her that I was leaving.
    She thought that I was jealous or something even though I told her that I really didn't mind, but she wouldn't let it go :l

But come to think if it, she told me that she had another good friend who fell in madly in love with her half a year ago and now they are not friends anymore. Maybe she wants people to chase her all of the time? D: