1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

breaking up with boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Aug 27, 2013.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been dating a older man since december he's 45 and I am 22. I am getting to the point where I love him but I know I cannot be a in relationship with him anymore. He is a older man with the mind of a irrational horny teenager. He thinks his plans for our future are rational and that I should just trust him with whatever he tells me he should do. He also has a mild case of OCD and is on disability. I have loved him regardless of this but now I think I had enough of him and want to end this relationship. Despite all that I did not like about him I kept telling myself I am meant to be with this man. I have no problem dating a older man but I did not expect to date a older man who acts like someone close or younger than my age. Please read my previous post
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...02619-complicated-relationship-boyfriend.html.

I want to quickly end this relationship and it will be hard since I will be the bad guy. no matter what he does wrong I will be the bad guy that broke his heart and ruined his life. He says if the business he wants to create fails he wants me to go on welfare and he will get his disability checks. He wants to use most of my money to start the business because he does not have enough and I am not down wit that either.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are right to end it, and soon!

This relationship is so wrong on so many levels, you need to end it quickly and cleanly. If you have any financial entanglements with him, cut your losses, and keep what's left of your money!

He may be charming, cute, whatever, but you are too young to get entangled in his chaotic life. In the interest of self-preservation, get out.

Whatever guilt-trip he lays on you: ignore it, you are not the bad guy, the relationship is what is bad and it needs to end. The sooner the better!

3. LD579

If you want to end it, and feel that you should, I see no reason not to go for it. This relationship doesn't seem right for what you want, for many reasons, and if it's not right, why continue it? And I agree with everything that greatwhale's said.

4. Bryar Thorne

Do what you think is right, and what will make you happy. At the end of the day, the most important person to watch out for is yourself in your life. If you feel like it's not working or right, do what you feel would be. Be strong and know that you're not a bad person for wanting something that will make you happier and feel better in the long run. :slight_smile:

I'm dealing with a boyfriend who is less than spectacular myself right now, so I'm thinking I should really practice what I preach too. But I'm workin' on it. :slight_smile: I hope that you can be happy and strong and know that if you ever need anyone, we're always here to help. (*hug*) I know it's probably really tough on you, but it's probably for the best.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. I completely agree that this guy has a lot of issues and I was just too nice and kept ignoring the signs that I should just get out sooner or later. Luckily i have no financial entanglements with him and if we start this business we would be using more of my money I saved up all my life. I deserve better much better.