1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jindo, Aug 27, 2013.

1. jindo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was at a friends house with sum mates and we were watching a movie n ther was a gay guy in it n one of my friends said wat a faggot I asked wat wrng with the guy being gay n then all my friends started going on about how its srcrewed up n why it wrong, and the whole time I was just trying not to get upset coz im not out but it just made me feel like crap :frowning2: am I being just to over the top coz wat they were saying really hurt :s

2. RainyViolinist

First of all, I'm really sorry that your friends don't seem to care for gay people. Most likely it's because they don't understand what it's like to be gay. Their idea of what a gay person is is based on mostly stereotypes that don't apply to you. Don't let this reaction deter you from coming out, though. If anything, coming out to them might change their perspective on what being gay is. If they do end up rejecting you for who you really are, they aren't really true friends after all, are they? Keep in mind that it is tantamount that you are safe, so if you feel like you may be in danger of violence after coming out, it may be a better option to bide your time in the closet until you find a safe time to come out. Stay strong

3. jindo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks and yeah I dnt reckon it I shuld come out to my friends first but ur rite if they end up hating me not really good friends any way

4. walshy222

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be honest I would say that very few of them are actually homophobic at all. Guys act like that all the time in big groups! My friends do the exact same thing and call people faggots etc when we are in a big group, but many of them have other friends/relatives who are gay iswell, its just this whole "looking cool in front of the lads" thing why they do it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.