1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York, New steel door for my closet

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sal, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Sal

Sal Guest

I apologize if it's too long and rant-ish

So i recently got back from a trip to New York. My dad surprised me with the trip for my birthday. It was my first time seeing him in person for 11 years and I was extremely nervous and excited to go with him. The trip started off really well. The city was wonderful, if not a bit overwhelming. It was a big change from the wide open fields and bountiful trees that I'm used to in the country side.

However things started to become uncomfortable 3 days into the trip. While walking around the city we stopped to have lunch in a little pick nick area. A few yards away from us a wedding was taking place, a gay wedding. My dad and his mother did not realize it was one at first and kept searching for the bride. Once they saw that it was two men they began laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world. They made snide remarks about the wedding till we finished lunch and left the area.

The next day things got even worse. We all, My brothers, dad, and his mother, went to a city pool. Now before going to New York I was told to pack a swimsuit, which for me consists of swimming trunks and a matching t-shirt. After getting dressed in my swim wear my dad's mother asked me where my bathing suit was. After telling her that I was wearing it she still looked perplexed and says that I was told to bring a bathing suit to swim in and that I can't swim in a t-shirt. I explain to her that I've always swam in a t-shirt and shorts, but she is persistent and asks why I don't have a proper bating suit. We argue for a bit before she eventually tells me that the pool we're going to has a dress code and all girls must be wearing swimming tops. She then grabs a Frilly looking thing that had strings and told me to bring it with me. I took it, cautiously, and tossed it in my bag just so we could hurry up and leave the awkward situation.

(Question for you EC users. Most of my pool experience comes from the YMCA and water parks and I've never heard of such a rule. Are all big city pools like this?)

After arriving at the pool the security guards stopped me and asked where my bathing suit was. (I was getting fed up with this nonsense. I don't even likes pools!:tears:slight_smile: They let me in after I showed them the frilly thing. I was led to a locker room area and after putting my bag, and the frilly thing away, I tried to walk out to the pool but was stopped my yet another guard who told me that I had to take my shirt off. (What is it with people and wanting me shirtless?!) To make matters worst my dad's mother walks over with the frilly thing! :bang:

Resigned to my fate I removed my shirt and was left in just a tank top. Feeling naked and miserable, I reached for the horrid frilly thing but was stopped yet again! The guard saw the the tank top and approved it for pool wear. Now while I should have been jumping for joy (!) at escaping frilly torture, i was to busy being pissed about one little thing; the tank top and t-shirt were the same material and color! :evil: What the heck city pool!?

So finally I make it to the pool area feeling angry, and highly uncomfortable. I stay out of the water for the most part and just sit and watch others swim. My dad decides he's done swimming and sits by me. Things then somehow got even worse. While sitting my dad decided to try to convert me over to his religion, some variation of Islam and Muslim. Some way, some how, he got on the topics of woman's role in mans world and homosexuality. yeah by the end of the conversation, one sided one at that, I was ready to hitchhike home.

Not only is my dad homophobic, he's sexist!
    Apparently women need to stop trying to take man's job because men need them in order to take care of woman and all the children she'll have. That's the really, really short summary. This conversation lasted hours. The words obey and submissive were thrown in a bunch of times too.
    Also according to him gay males are gay because they lacked a good father figure growing up or were molested as children. And lesbians are only lesbian because A) they saw the gays doing it and wanted to be like them or B) They're rebelling against their place in society by behaving like man.
    Abortion and alternate means of having a baby, surrogates and turkey basters(sorry can't remember proper name for this) are immoral and will produce defected children.
    And lastly america is wrong for encouraging silly things like Marriage equality and Women's rights.

So yep, learned my dad was really a :***:. some birthday. :dry:

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    OMG! You put up with a lot of crap! I hope you are ok after all that. You just have to maintain your own mental health despite what's going on.

3. kresukun

Would it be bad if I said I wanted to rip his balls off so he doesn't not have anymore children? I am sorry you had to put up with him, but you do have us at EC and we care for you for whoever you are and whoever you want to be. (*hug*)

4. Sal

Sal Guest

Going through a emotional detachment phase right now. After waiting for so long to reconnect with my dad this was a huge disappointment. I'm feeling numb and finding it hard to care that my parents are probably not going to be a part of my life much in a couple years.

If it wasn't for EC I wouldn't have been able to stay as composed as i did.

5. Ohhai

Huge hugs xxx

6. blond

I'm sorry you had to go through that.
    But it seem's like you kept your cool which is good.
    Because it probably would have led to fight if it was me.