1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In over my head and drowning

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cowboy24, Aug 29, 2013.

1. cowboy24

cowboy24 Guest

My last relationship ended horribly. It ended with me in the hospital and my ex in jail. I had let him hit me for years and it was only at the support and urging of my best friend that I left finally. Now my best friend is also gay. Hes the greatest guy, helps everyone. He took me in and got me back on my feet and insisted I live with him and his boyfriend of nearly 4 years. Heres the problem:

His boyfriend and I became extremely close. My best friend is not the cuddley type and within a month or so our situation became as follows (and Im aware this is messed up)

I sleep between them and his boyfriend clings to me all night everynight. (best friend does not seem to mind this). When we wake up his boyfriend and I go work out and he stays home, we come home and shower together (again best friend does not seem bothered) They say I love you to each other every few days, while his boyfriend and I say it to each other a dozen or more times a day. We refer to ourselves as brothers but we have admitted to each other that we have romantic and sexual feelings for each other. He kisses me a lot too (best friend doesn't know)

ok, so Im in over my head. Im in love with this guy, and we would be perfect together. Hes in love with me too and agrees. But he wont leave. And I hate myself for stealing my best friends guy, not even sure I could live with myself if he left him for me. What on earth do I do?

2. Nick07

hmm, do what you can to make sure your friend won't regret having you for a friend... What if your friend is just too polite to tell you that it bothers him?
    Have you been trying to find a place to stay during those four years? Or have you simply assumed they will have you for ever?

I think that you have several choices. 1. you will back off. 2. you will ask your friend what his plans for the future are. You will see if he plans to live with his boyfriend AND you till his retirement. 3. you will be a jerk and keep doing what you are doing without knowing what your friend thinks about it.

(Thank you God for my best friend...)

You know, I can hardly believe that you have been doing it for almost four years. You didn't mention sex. If they didn't invite you and you keep the kissing secret, you know that your friend is not OK with what you are doing.

3. cowboy24

cowboy24 Guest

ah, I meant that they have been together for 4 years. I have only lived with them for about two months.

4. Nick07

It doesn't change much. What you have been doing is wrong. You are working on stealing happiness from someone who saved your ass. Your friend's bf should be taboo for you. Wake up. Would you like to be in the position of your friend? How would that make you feel?

Your friend tried to show you that his world is not just about him - he reached for you when you had no one else.
    You are showing him that your world is about what you want. You should think about how you will re-pay him for what he did for you. And you are stealing from him...

5. Stephany

I agree. It's wrong. Why this guy? There are a million fish in the sea, why take his catch? I think personally, you need to get on your feet and move out and move on with your life. Appreciate that your friend was there for you and stop what you are doing. He's a taken man. Maybe their relationship doesn't make sense to you, but their relationship is none of your business. Sorry I can't give you any advice other than...move on. If they break up, then you can see if it's something to pursue, but pursuing a taken man..never okay.