1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make new friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nlnlnl, Aug 29, 2013.

1. nlnlnl

nlnlnl Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like I'm about to reach my breaking point...what triggered me today was a friend deciding to bail last minute on our weekend plans because he "doesn't want to be in the sun all day". I was really looking forward to this weekend and now it seems like I'll be spending my 4th weekend in a row alone. It seems this has been happening all year...got ditched for New Years, Pride, and other random weekend events. Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself.

It seems the main problem is that I only really have two friends. So I depend on two people for social outings. And these two friends seem to be super flakey lately so I end up spending all of my time alone. I feel so lonely all the time and am starting to feel like life isn't really worth living...a lot of the times I just want to cry. I go to work and hate it, come home, maybe go for a bike ride or walk around somewhere, and then the cycle repeats the next day. There is rarely anyone to talk to.

So how do I make new friends? I've always had trouble talking to people and am still not 100% comfortable with being gay (I'm 25 now), though it's a lot better than it was a few years ago. I feel like I'm just stuck and things will always be this way :/

2. blond

I feel for you, i really do. Because i'm in the same boat right now i rarely do anything.
    It's always go to work come home, go to work come home.
    So i don't know what to say besides don't let it get to you.

3. Jay1983

Jay1983 Guest

Get yourself involve in an organization, club or such.

I discovered many new friends including my best friend after I joined a gym. It was a huge bold move of me to join a gym. But it benefits me a lot.

Then I joined a wall climbing club. It multiplies my friends.

What do you like to do? What are your hobbies? Comics? Chess? Dancing? Sports? Cooking? Animals?

Survey your school or neighborhood to find a club or organization that can relate to your interest.

I know it's scary to make the first step and to experience something new but it's worth it.