1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend jealous of people I've had sex with

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jared, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Jared

So before I started dating my boyfriend last February, I had slept around quite a bit. Not something I'm proud of or ashamed of, it happened and it's in the past and I was ways safe. But he really doesn't like the one I guy that I slept with that he knows for the sole fact that I slept with him before we were dating. He says it's weird that I've slept with so many guys but whenever he mentions me booking up with guys before he always sounds pissed.

I asked him about it and he said he is possible and feels like I rub it in his how many guys have wanted to sleep with me, he thinks I get off on it. I don't I hate seeing him upset, and he is almost always the one to bring it up. I'm one to flaunt how many guys I've slept with, but I also won't deny since I think it's a stupid thing to hide/lie about in a relationship.

I love my boyfriend, but I can't believe he is annoyed/jealous that I slept around before I knew him. I'm not really sure what to do about it, I know we're going to have to talk about it at soon. I'm just not sure how to approach it.

2. Sebastian1

I can understand why he might feel jealous about that, though it is quite strange that he's jealous about people you were involved with before him.

I honestly think the best way to deal with it is to show him how much you love him, and that those guys don't matter. He needs to feel special, feel like he's yours.

3. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there are two things you can do.
    A) say if you loved me, you wouldn't be jealous, and pin it all on him
    B) I'm sorry I love you, I'm yours now, and screw him till the sun comes up.

4. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't blame him for getting upset...I think it is terrible form to talk about how much you have had and with who and how much you could have with who when you are in a relationships.

Plain disrespectful and rude, and if your BF is still with you, he is the better and bigger man in that relationship...he's a hero.

5. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ thats a bit harsh. You cant push someone into doing anything. Sure, if you really love him, show him. But he's no hero, being so green eyed.

6. Jared

Thanks! I should try more to make him feel special
    Hahahaha I like the sound of B
    The only time I mentioned it was when he asked when we first started dating. Nnbgoig to flaunt it but I won't lie if asked. I also make sure I don't bring it up, he brings it up first. I know it makes him upset so why would I do something that makes him upset on purpose?

---------- Post added 31st Aug 2013 at 03:17 AM ----------

I do love him and I try to show it, it's the first serious relationship for both of us and we're still figuring things out. I feel like he knows I love him and he's hust a bit insecure, which he has admitted before.

7. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You should tell him that his attitude is upsetting you.

Sure, you slept with a ton of guys before him...but that's in the past and you can't go back in time and change it. Tell him that you can understand why he's upset, but reassure him that you love him.

8. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like B too. Have you come to a conclusion on what to do, or still a bit stuck?

9. Northern

It doesn't matter who you were with before, it matters who you are with now. So if you are with him and only him, I don't see a problem.

10. enigmeow

To be honest, a lot of us have slept with a lot of people... it happens to be part of the culture.

He needs to get over it and work harder to realize he has you now and you love him

IMHO

11. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

You've been having more than one issue with him. Does this issue tie into the one that he doesn't want sex very often? I just think you two need to sit down and have a serious talk about all of the issues you two are having. Just tell him you love him and that you are his now. Maybe you two can talk about him being insecure and help him work on that.

12. welshy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coming from a different perspective I understand what your bf is going through as I had this issue in my current relationship :/ what helped me kinda get over the fact that my bf had slept with a few people before I even met him was that we talked about it. We were both open on our feelings about the issue and did not hold back. If the issue comes up in conversation put everything on the table so you don't have to keep having these conversations and my bf made that very clear to me. But again time is the biggest healer, allow him to come to terms that his bf is not an untouched virgin as we all had our own experience good or bad and you can't change the past you wouldn't be/ know who you are if you didn't have those experience and make him know that, this is what my bf told me and it made me look at it in a different light. So my advice is time and talking about it.

Hope this helps good luck

13. starry

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it definitely sounds like he doesn't trust you because you've slept with so many guys and is insecure about the fact that you might cheat on him.
    The fact that he has a low sex drive and doesn't want sex very often from what I've read on this thread just further confirms that he is insecure and doesn't trust you won't cheat on him because you two aren't having sex that often and he is concerned that you will go else where for sex because he doesn't have the sex drive that you do. Which is why he keeps bringing up the fact that you've slept with a lot of people.
    He's concerned not jealous from the sounds of it. I would sit down with him and ask him if hes concerned that you will cheat on him and if that is the case you need to talk about your sex life you two have together and reassure him that you are going to be loyal to him and not cheat on him.