1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by soulodolo, Aug 31, 2013.

1. soulodolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hello,

so I have a huge crush on this guy at my work. the thing is I don't know too much about him. it sounds stupid to have a crush on someone you don't know anything about but what I guess I'm trying to say Is that I think he's really cute and I want to get to know him but it's so difficult because Im a pretty quiet guy and he's even more quiet then I am. I say hi everytime I can and ask him work related questions every now and then but that's as far as it goes. A part of me just wants to tell him that I like him because i don't want to leave this job and never see him again only to wonder if he might have been 'the one'. the logical side of me thinks this guy is straight and I have absolutely no chance with him and telling him will only weird him out and make me look stupid (especially because we don't know eachother well). I don't know what to do because I get so depressed when I see him. i know it's stupid but I just don't have anyone to talk to about this.

thanks for reading

2. Nick07

What about ... I don't know, joining him when he leaves the office (like sharing an elevator or something - it would give you a chance to talk to him), or ask him how he gets to the office (by bus, by car - maybe you could ask him if you could travel together, wait for the bus together...). Does he have any pictures on his desk? Does he have any pets? You could start short little talk about things not related to office and see if he wants to talk. You can tell him that you need a little break and you are going to buy a drink from the coffee machine and offer him if he want some.

3. soulodolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well it's difficult. i don't have an office job. I make deliveries and the only time I see him is if we are in the same truck (usually never) or when we are at the warehouse at the same time, which is often but only for short periods of time. I know he takes the bus home and I have often thought about offering him a ride home but we always finish at different times. what im unsure about is if I should try harder to be his friend or if I should just try and forget about him (as difficult as it would be) because I'm worried that if we do get close ill become too attached and become even more depressed knowing that I can't have him. maybe Im over thinking it? I dunno I'm just so lonely and want someone special in my life.

4. Nick07

They say it's not good to look for someone BECAUSE you are lonely.

You could ask him where he lives, perhaps you could offer him a ride FROM home - do you start at the same time? If you live close to him, the offer should not seem too strange.

5. soulodolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know it's not good to look for someone for this reason but I'm sick of being alone. I just want to be happy. and I think that finding someone will make me happy. I mean I'm
    not completely alone. I have my family and a small group of friends but because none of my friends know I gay or even suspect it, it feels like I am alone because I can't talk to them about these things.

offering him at ride from home wouldn't work because I live far from work and he lives in the opposite direction (i saw him get on the bus after work one day). and we never usually start at the exact same time and if we do i wouldnt even know until I'm there because the schedual at my work is horrible. we are on 7 day rotation and we don't find out our start time until the day before. sometimes I try to peek at the schedual to see if he's working the next day, with who, and what time. I know I'm a creep haha.

thanks again for reading and for the advice I really appreciate it.

6. Nick07

Your work seems to be a killer of personal life... I don't know. Either you will have to make the move during those sparse occasions when you are both in the warehouse, or wait in the afternoon until he finishes his work.

You could also try to find out when his birthday is and invite him for a coffee or something.