1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll never find a boyfriend ;-;

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jessica79, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Jessica79

I asked someone out today and he said no because I'm a little big ;-; I'm fat and disgusting I guess ill never find love :frowning2:

2. Night

Night Guest

Well that was a dick move on his behalf. But don't let it get you down - are you happy with yourself?

3. Jessica79

Not really but I can't help comfort eating because I have many problems in my life :frowning2:

4. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

you are not disgusting and fat, just big. if you really think it might help to lose weight by starting a diet/ going to the gym

remember if you can't love yourself how in the hell are you going to love somebody else

stay strong :slight_smile: you will find somebody, i promise

#4 freedom200, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  5. LinkLarkin

Join the club.

For what it's worth, you don't have to fulfil a specific body type to be attractive to people. Not only muscly twinks are capable of getting boyfriends. If you're medically classified as obese then you've got some work to do on reducing your food intake and increasing your exercise patterns, but if you're just a little on the chubby side then there are plenty of people out there, me included, who would not be put off dating you just because of it.

6. Jessica79

Ty your sweet :3 yeah I'm just chubby not like bed ridden or anything

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he wouldn't date you because of how you look, then he's in the wrong here. Don't worry about what he said, you're perfect, and you'll find the one. :grin:

8. Northern

Well he is a shallow prick who judges on appearances, I find some of the most attractive people are the ugliest and cruelist.

9. RainyViolinist

Yeah, don't let one douche put you down. Personally, I'd love to date someone who was chubby. They'd be like a cuddly teddy bear! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But keep looking, I'm sure someone out there is looking for someone like you. :slight_smile:

10. AmityRanch

I disagree. I think that physical attraction is incredibly important to any relationship. If you don't think your partner will physically satisfy you, I don't think it's at all wrong to let them off lightly.

HOWEVER, the guy that turned Synyster down is a total ass-hat.
    It was completely uncalled for for him to point out someone else's insecurities.

11. LuvMyIB

You are not fat/obese...you are weight challenged!

12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh man. That guy was an asshat. Seriously. If you're on the fluffy side, it's not hopeless. Plenty of guys out there, myself included, who wouldn't mind. :slight_smile:

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Yes you will!

But hey a lot of us feel the same way. Guys are only interested in sex and hookups, it's really hard to find someone to share a real relationship with.

14. No you are NOT disgusting and fat. Just because some guy said no doesn't mean you are worth less.

Food for thought - You date a guy for many years thinking things go well, you get cancer and need him to care for you on your last days. Suddenly he goes cold on you & runs off in your time of need.

Think about it : You want a true beautiful person to be with you not someone who is shallow among many other things.

15. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unfortunately appearance sometimes has an influence, since people like to find any faults. However if you put forth an excellent personality, you can easily find someone.

To be fair, the prettiest guys tend to be more shallow from my own experience anyway. But I get how you feel. I also asked a guy out from my class, he said 'yes' but made up all sorts of excuses not to come because he needed notes from me and couldn't just say 'no'. It didn't take me long to realize that he found me boring.

At least the guy was honest about how he felt about you.

16. leer

it's just a knock back mate. dont let people drag you down .:slight_smile:

17. KazTastic

Men are dicks.

/thread

18. AAASAS

You can try dating people more your size.

It sounds rude, but if someone is in decent shape it makes sense for them to feel entitled to someone who also is good shape. Not saying what he did is correct, and he could
    ve said it nicely, but it does make sense.

Your not disgusting at all, fat isn't disgusting, it is just fat. So either loose it, or try to find someone in the same situation as you.

People often date others that reflect their body type. I rarely see big people with skinny people.

Also understand a lot of gay men are shallow because they are insecure.

The fact you asked someone out shows you are secure, so don't mind yourself with self-conscious people, and try to find more down to earth people.

19. Anonymous

If he doesn't want to date you because he doesn't like your weight, then why bother? I know it can be hard to take in, but the guy you "like" may just be a giant d-bag. How could somebody refuse another person because of their weight? That's just bull crap. My advice? Don't give up on yourself. You will find somebody who is right for you and will love you for who you are. Good luck!

20. KazTastic

Why does everyone assume that the other guy is thin and/or attractive? I've met plenty of shallow people who don't look particularly attractive, and plenty of attractive guys who are not shallow.

I then look my own parents - my mum's short and skinny, my dad's tall and fat. My old boss and her husband - she was short and fat, he was tall and skinny.

Perhaps just get cats instead, they will love you as long as you feed them.